All the content below was pulled off Marketplace at one point in time.
Latest and greatest Roadmap (Aug 2014) Marketplace & Payments Roadmap Aug 2014
- FxOS Tarako - Marketplace on low-RAM devices
- 2013/2014 Roadmap as of September 25, 2013 (Old)
- 2013/2014 Marketplace Roadmap as of July 15 2013 (OLD, Deprecated)
- 2013 Marketplace Roadmap as of April 2013 (OLD, Deprecated)
- 2012 Roadmap
- 2012 Marketplace Requirements
- Marketplace for Developers (spec)
- Marketplace for Consumers (spec)
- Marketplace for Contributors (spec)
- Marketplace Feature Pages (an experiment; most features are not yet listed here)
- Payments Guide - Obsolete documentation on payments
Ecosystem Docs & PRDs
Please review our PRDs for upcoming Marketplace features. Have a feature you think should be on Marketplace?
Put in your request and our core team will review!
Admin Tools focus on behind-the-scenes management of the Marketplace. These are divided into several areas: Reviewer Tools, Merchandising Tools, Operator Management Tools, Support Tools, and Configuration Management Tools.
These are a bit old now, but David know if you need access to them
- Android Pricing & Payments somewhat older as Jan 2013
- Android Install & Launch App Dec 2012
- Android API compatibility analysis
The following PRDs and specifications contain detailed information on consumer facing features of the Marketplace. These are the things a consumer might experience when visiting the site.
- Platform Filtering v1.0 PRD Sept 23, 2014, Open for Comments
- Feed v1.1 PRD April 14, 2014, Open for Comments
- Enhanced App Details PRD Oct. 31, 2013, Open for Comments
- App Categories PRD (spec)
- UI Enhancements Requests (RFC)
- UI Firefox OS Search Integration (PRD)
- Nuclear Bandwagon: Collections and Channels v1.0(phase I and II complete)
- Marketplace Recommendation Engine PRD (request for comments, especially from recommendation engine knowledgeable people)
- Desktop UI Redesign - Desktop UI Redesign Mini PRD (Oct 13, 2014)
- Platform Filtering - Platform Filtering Functionality (Sept 2014)
- Desktop Payments - Desktop Payments MVP - CC and Mobile Billing (Oct 9, 2014)
Marketplace for Firefox OS
All of these Request your Comments (in the doc itself)
- Firefox Marketplace International Content Ratings PRD v1.0 (spec- revised in June 2013)
- Content Control PRD v1.0 (PRD posted July 14, 2013)- this covers allowing developers to be able to place geographic and mobile operator restrictions on App distribution.
- Feature Detection PRD (posted August 6 2013) - created by dbuc
- Collections Tool - coming
- Publishing Tool (was merchandising manager) coming
Developer facing parts of the Marketplace are split into 2 areas: the Dev Hub, which focuses on information and resources that help developers create and submit apps for the Marketplace, and the "Dev Dashboard", the area focused on application management.
Metrics and Business Intelligence
Metrics covers how well things perform - number of downloads, number of installs, apps submitted, apps reviewed, etc. Business Intelligence covers behavior within the Marketplace, goal measurement, UX research. This is measured through Google Analytics.
Marketplace Performance Metrics
This covers Marketplace and App Performance Metrics for Developers, Community members, Mozilla and Operators
- Marketplace Metrics PRD v2.0 (spec)
Marketplace Business Intelligence
Operator / OEM
Please see Marketplace - Adding Regions and Carriers for more details on Operator onboarding
- Operator Branded Shelf v2.0 - Updated Sept 8, 2014 (spec)
- Operator Dashboard part 1 Oct 24, 2014, Open for Comments
- Operator Dashboard FFOS PRD Oct. 31, 2013, Open for Comments
Payments & Pricing
- Payment APIs (payment status regionally and price tiers)
- Sample API implementation - Payments supported regionally
- Marketplace Payments & Refunds, Consumer Side v1.3 - 1.5 (spec, Open for Comments Sept 19, 2013)
- Silent SMS Authentication Requirements v1.0 (spec, Open for Comments May 28, 2013)
- Zippy, Reference Implementation (w/ style guides)
- Technical Specs
- Communication Plan and Product Launch