- 1 Contribute to Firefox Marketplace
- 1.1 Ways to make an impact in DECEMBER
- 1.2 Join an Open Chat Session
- 1.3 Get Recognized
- 1.4 November Contributions
- 1.5 Archives
Contribute to Firefox Marketplace
Firefox Marketplace is the only app store dedicated to providing content built with HTML5 standards and open source values. Help bring openness, freedom, and user choice to the world of app publishing—–it's easy to start contributing to this project. Join our mailing list to stay up-to-date on what's happening in the community.
Ways to make an impact in DECEMBER
Below are featured opportunities for this month. This wiki has the full list of contribution opportunities. Be sure to self-report any contributions you make in the Get Recognized section below!
One and Done (15-minute tasks)
Don't have much time but want to do something to help Marketplace? Pick a simple task below:
- App translators & reviewers needed: Complete any app localization where there are still some untranslated strings. Please self-report on your progress, but be sure to play fair. Some apps have much more work (more strings). Right now, we especially need reviewers! Anytime you see a light green bar, but no dark green, that means the strings have been translated, but no one has reviewed the work. This is a best practice to ensure a good user experience. If you like to work on translation, sign up here to get a Transifex account
Looking for a bigger challenge that requires more creativity and deeper involvement? A guided project can be fun and rewarding, and help you learn new skills:
- First-time code contributions: tinker with Marketplace code, and get some guidance too!
- NEW! Contributing a patch to the Firefox Marketplace from scratch blog post by clouserw
- Step-by-step slides and video on how to contribute to front-end Marketplace bugs: http://andymckay.github.io/presentations/contributing-marketplace
- More documentation: http://marketplace.readthedocs.org/en/latest/topics/contributing.html
- Firetext - a popular, open-source, word-processing app for Firefox OS (Firefox Marketplace listing). Contribute to Firetext to bring a better office experience to Firefox OS.
- Learn how to hack Firetext: https://github.com/codexa/firetext/wiki/Get-Coding
- Firetext issue lists: https://github.com/codexa/firetext/wiki/Issue-labels
- Localize Firetext: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/firetext/
- Repository: https://github.com/codexa/firetext
Join an Open Chat Session
Connect with us at an open chat session below. Come ask questions, get guidance, or just hang out. Anyone can create a session, just add your name and the time you'll be online.
|Date||Time (include time zone)||Host||Topic (optional)||How to join|
|Every Friday||12:30pm - 1pm Pacific||Apps Team||Apps Show & Tell - see the latest in apps development|| Vidyo: Apps room - https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=gR4Mn5hE6kGz|
To join from a telephone instead, dial: +1 (800) 707-2533, pin 369, conf 98652
We want to make sure you're recognized for your contributions!
- Create a Mozillians profile if you haven't already.
- Add your name and accomplishments below (please be specific--these will be archived by month, so list your recent contributions)
Every month, we'll pick an outstanding contributor and send that person a token of appreciation. Any contribution is eligible--it doesn't have to be an opportunity listed on this page!
|Name||Link to Mozillians Profile||Accomplishments this month||Link to your work (if any)||Mentor (if any)|
|Hossain Al Ikram||https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/hossainalikram/||App Developer , QA , Localizer||Triaged more than 20 bugs , Completed 10 One and Done task , Completed Alir App Localization ( https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/alir/language/bn_BD/ )||N/A|
|Rigin Oommen||https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/riginoommen/||Completed App Localization for App WeatherIN to Malayalam Language||https://www.transifex.com/organization/mozilla-tech-evangelism/team/25796/members/ml_IN/||N/A|
|Rachel Hathaway||Code contributions||https://github.com/mozilla/zamboni/pull/2767||N/A|
|Niccolo Cantù||https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/nicokant/||App Developer, Bug Reporter||Marketplace bugs reporting (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1111643) ,4 apps published (https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/firefox-10?src=search, https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/nicokant94?src=search, https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/scoutgameszola?src=search, https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/ffopen-projects/), Reviews of new apps on the Marketplace and report of spam and non-reviews. Listed all the apps in Italian (http://nagteam.github.io/ItalianFirefoxApps/), Firefox OS support in the Mozilla Italia forum, Web Compat Reporter for Italian sites||Daniele Scasciafratte|
|kenpem||Delete AMO forum spam||https://addons.mozilla.org/user/1190442/||N/A|
Contributor of the Month for November
Congratulations to Rigin Oommen! https://blog.mozilla.org/apps/2014/12/08/november-contributor-of-the-month-rigin-oommen/
Top Reviewers of the Month
|1||Giovanny Andres Gongora Granada||531|
Featured Add-ons Board
Big welcome to the new featured add-ons board, which will select the featured add-ons for Jan - June 2015
- Baris Derin
- Philip Choi
- Haider Sajjad
- Rejah Rehim
- Michael Balazs
- Swarnava Sengupta
App Curation Board
Thank you to all the contributors helping to curate featured content on Firefox Marketplace!