- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Fx23 was released yesterday
- Next merge: 2013-09-16
Topics for This Week
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge.
- Adrian May (:adrianmay) landed a patch for bug 899167 - Code Cleanup new SelectionHandler messages for Find-In-Page processing FIRST PATCH! WOO!
- Michael Boon (:michaeltpb) is working on a patch for bug 888982 - fennec should use channel-specific build defines rather than MOZ_UPDATE_CHANNEL
- Nicolas Carlo (:nickecarlo) is working on a patch for bug 892942 - Remove www. and m. etc from URLs in Reader Mode
- Federico Paolinelli (:fedepaol) is working on patches for bug 815202 - Add Pause and Cancel actions to download notifications and bug 566225 - Linkify phone numbers in web pages
- Capella is fixing so many things I can't keep track anymore!
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Last week
- Landed bug 892267 - gray space at the top of the page
- Fixed bug 899810, bug 900742 - regressions from my multi-apzc patches
- Bug 901187 - make printf_stderr dump to debugger console on metro
- Bug 901339 (pending review) - fix focal point wrongness when pinch-zooming (also a regression of mine)
- Bug 890280 (currently WIP) - ensure all that the input events going through APZC are transformed correctly
- New blog post: Unraveling coordinate systems, part 2
- Reviews, interviews, etc.
- Next week
- Finish off bug 890280
- More testing and polishing for multi-APZC
- Look at Fennec misbehaving on the Nexus 10 with Android 4.3
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
Still tracking down cause of two intermittent test failures with the contacts API on Android 2.2Fighting with the try server
- bug 880118 - Package GeckoView into an Android library project
- Last week:
- Tracking down linker problems
- Working around content provider permissions
- This week:
- Trying to get a page to load
- Last week:
- Two small bugs when blocked on other stuff
- Past week
- Fix JimDB on 4.3
- Finish user agent stuff
- Back to profiler
- bug 899233 - Text input is screwy in textarea
- Last week:
- Next week:
- bug 902000 Add a service that monitors the system load
- WebRTC Android UI test?
- Revised bug 895905 - "Content needs to inform APZC about scroll events on B2G" for multi-APZC. Patch is posted and reviewed, waiting with checkin until some multi-APZC-related regressions are fixed and it can be tested properly.
- In the process of writing a patch for bug 898580 - "Contents needs to inform APZC about scroll events on Metro".
- bug 888905 - Tablet bookmarks -- Oooo...hhhH! http://cl.ly/image/3K470D3r1B1n
- bug 901066 - Bookmarks grid animation (ya! ani..ma..tion!! :D)
- bug 889562 - Clipboard action-bar missing in 4.3
- bug 902038 - MultiTypeCursorAdapter instead of CursorAdapter.
- bug 901064 - TopBookmarks shouldn't show a divider on startup.
- bug 902064 - Folders on BookmarksListView is crashing.
- bug 900128 - Change the aspect ratio of thumbnails.
- Experimenting with new profiling tools from 4.3
- Bug 808636 – Update visual style of mobile error pages
- Bug 901821 - Clicking button in error pages is broken
- Bug 901822 - Expanders in error pages should toggle state
- Bug 896121 – ]guest] Disable 'share' menus in guest mode
- Bug 901151 – Sent mouse event source
- Bug 901117 – Platform touch fluffing needs the ability to weed out body event listeners
- Bug 901129 – Remove MOZ_ONLY_TOUCH_EVENTS
- Working with Federico on Bug 815202 - Add Pause and Cancel actions to download notifications
- Bug 896350 – Unable to open files by tapping the download complete notifica
- Bug 901426 - Web Apps can not be opened from Firefox for Android notification and crashes Firefox
- Bug 894077: [FIG] Tablet layout for visited page
- Bug 865515: Rotating multi-pane fragments in Settings displays margins incorrectly
- Bug 900234: Force reader to always be the left most icon in page actions
- Bug 901824: Use image cache for 'Set Image As'
- Bug 853844: Investigate removing the pageload throbber
- Bug 886996: Use an intent to set wallpaper
- bug 901766 - Fix handling of settings activity in testSettingsMenuItems
- bug 896571 - Update testInputAwesomeBar for new about:home
- bug 901899 - Add testBrowserSearchVisility
- bug 896565 - Update testAwesomebarSwipes for new about:home
- bug 896560 - Update testSearchSuggestions test for new about:home
- (In progress) Update testHistoryTab / testAllPagesTab / testBookmarksTab
- Lots of patch reviews
- More test stuff on new about:home
- Triage fig bugs, prioritize work for the merge
- stuff for 25:
- developer tools
- finished remote debugging - try it out in 25!
- follow-up: update docs link bug 901038
- next: add paint flashing?
- ANRReporter under review
- about:home empty screen hint
- Next: search links
(Missing the meeting because I'll be at TRIBE)
- bug 722902 - Make AMO more discoverable in the browser
- bug 897247 - [fig] Closing a background tab does not update "Switch to tab" UI
- bug 900744 - [fig] CursorIndexOutOfBoundsException when long tapping on search suggestion row
- bug 900746 - [fig] Tapping on a visited page item opens the wrong URL (or no URL) if search suggestions are shown
- bug 900148 - [fig] Tapping on search suggestion doesn't do anything
- Reviews (yay robocop patches!)
- Wrote a blog post
- In Progress
- bug 899393 - [fig] Switch-to-tab is broken (just waiting on review... hint hint)
- bug 848242 - Add support for widget/tiles to homepage customization
- Blogged about the joys of getting IntelliJ IDEA working for Fennec development
- Spent far more of my week than I anticipated getting the search preferences system (bug 895423, bug 898151, bug 892113) to land. Although an earlier version had a green try run, the changes requested later introduced oranges which I omitted to test for. Whoops. Ended up missing the boat for 25, but at least it's now landed so will be going out with 26, provided it doesn't explode in the interim.
- In Progress
- Continued work in the direction of getting ProGuard to work - will be submitting a patch for bug 794981 in the coming days, taking us a step closer to a ProGuard patch that is actually neat.
- Started work on the customise addons screen - seems the entire preferences overhaul patch series are landing in 26.
- Services' build stuff:
- bug 899394: [fig] Tapping a bookmark list item causes the page to scroll to the top
- Services docs (no bug):
- bug 901622: Invalidate ProfileInformationCache after fixing add-on uninstallation
- Assorted reviews
- Designing tree merging algorithms
- Sync structured data GC walkthrough
- Sync.next meetings, discussions
- PiCL signin walkthrough
- Landed and uplifted a couple of FHR things (bug 900694, bug 880109)
- bug 794693: Font inflation crash in ComputeContainingBlockRectangle() (in review)
- bug 808173: Avoid reflow-on-zoom on specific non-text elements.
- bug 900564: Remove 'Double-tap' to reflow from settings (for release and beta)
- Begin implementation for bug 878935 - blur text before reflow-on-zoom.
- bug 894313 - GeckoThread should own its own static instance. reviewed, need to land
- bug 880259 - Firefox should use GeckoView, waiting for review
- looking at making our restarts more sane, would up looking at shut down crash
- Toying around with Chromecast support in bug 901803
- Wrapping up Work Week approval
- Helping out with some new feature planning
- Got robocop tests working on my Nexus S, so I might try pitching in with the tests
- Introducing Arun!
- Arun will be helping out on all things Android UX related \o/
- abc on IRC
- Ongoing about:home polish
- Misc ui-reviews
- New UX exploration underway
- Firstrun UX
- Stay tuned!
- Currently reviewing the current state of WebRT bits (helping rforbes, who does marketplace security). If you get any weird out-of-context questions, that'll probably be why.
- Continuing to work with Nick and Richard
- Tracking Android Auth protocol and UI work at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=808813
- working on product announcement testing in prep for Fx24 Beta announcement to be sent next week. Digging into features that have 'planned'& 'proposed' status in order to better understand progress. As Finkle mentioned, https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Roadmap#On_deck
- Fx23 \o/ Shipped
- [ON TRACK] Firefox Health Report
- [ON TRACK] Dynamic URL bar
- [ON TRACK] L10N foundation improvements
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Turkish
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Hungarian
- [ON TRACK] Awesomebar and Awesomescreen improvements
- [ON TRACK] Reader improvements <==PR to take place in Fx24
- [ON TRACK] UI for changing search engine default in add-on manager
- [ON TRACK] RSS/Atom feed handling
- [ON TRACK] API: Payments <== Not user facing but will be tested soon
- [AT RISK] WebRTC platform support, preffed ON
- [AT RISK] Added locale: Swedish, sv-SE
- [ON TRACK] Reader improvements
- [ON TRACK] NFC bump for tab sharing
- [ON TRACK] Gecko Webview phase 1
- [ON TRACK] Geolocation services inc opt-in menu item
- [ON TRACK] Packaged apps foundations, but not exposed until the WebApp Experience has landed
- [ON TRACK] Quickshare
- [ON TRACK] Firefox Icon rebrand
- [ON TRACK] Change default search engine for zh-CN
- [ON TRACK] Add-on definition in distribution files
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: British English, en-GB
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Catalan, ca-ES
- [PROPOSED] Firefox for readers
- [ON TRACK] Settings UI clean-up excluding search provider management
- [PLANNED] Privileged apps support
- [PLANNED] Guest browsing
- [PLANNED] API: Web Audio
- [AT RISK] Set Top Box optimization
- [AT RISK] Directional game console navigation
- [AT RISK] API: Web activities
- [ON TRACK] Page Actions
- [ON TRACK] SkiaGL improvement
- [ON TRACK] Mixed content
- [ON TRACK] API: Contacts
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Ukrainian (ua-UK)
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Irish (ga-IE)
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: South African English (za-EN)
- [ON TRACK] Setting wallpaper Bug 886996
- [PROPOSED] Settings menu to include search provider management
- [PROPOSED] About:home redesign
- [PROPOSED] AMO and Marketplace discoverability
- [PROPOSED] Spatial Navigation (SNAV)
- [PROPOSED] API: Third-party Cloud storage
- [PROPOSED] API: Alarm
- [PROPOSED] API: Gamepad
- [PROPOSED] API: Bluetooth
- [PROPOSED] API: Push notifications
- [PROPOSED] Second screen support (initial experimental work)
- [PROPOSED] Accelerated 2D canvas (platform)
- [PROPOSED] Async subframe scrolling (platform)
- [PROPOSED] Firefox flavour: Silverfox
Tracking issues on Nexus Devices with Android 4.3. Currently we have roughly 3.8% of our user base on Android 4.3 (Compared to 35.8% on 4.1), meaning that 4.3 issues will continue to grow. Currently the only Nexus 10 rating on GP is a 1-star, but we will continue to track these reports.
Roland wrote a SUMO KB article for these issues: Firefox issues with Nexus 10 and Android 4.3