|Thunderbird 3.2||Thunderbird 3.1.5||Thunderbird 3.0.9|
|To Be Announced||
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
- Who's taking minutes? --> bwinton
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Friends of the Tree
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- It's been made quite generic now.
- We're almost code complete, and should be by EOD.
- I still need to record the screencast.
Pluggable Mail Stores:
- xpcshell tests all pass with Maildir store, as do all mozmill tests, build and play with it (but don't use your production profile)
- xpcshell tests hang with Berkeley mailbox store - need to investigate.
- If you want to test it out, you should create a new profile, for safety's sake.
- Up next: GMail Conversation View
- Updates for Mailing List Manager, Contacts on deck.
- Sync Add-on further out.
- On schedule to release an add-on a week for the next month or so
- 3.2 currently planned to be released from a comm-1.9.2 branch
- Waiting for account provisioning discussions to progress and FF 4 status before making decision on if/when to cut it.
- Tree is open again, and green!
- Thanks to asuth for fixing Mac issues.
- Starting to look towards migrating our Mac builds from ppc/32 to 32/64 bit universal. Experimental builds available.
- Help on fixing up trunk welcome, see this list of higher priority bugs.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- 3.0.x End-of-Life announcement published.
- Starting flagging bugs to be included in the next release, please see the bug lists.
- Bug Lists: 3.1, 3.0
Major updates to 3.1
- Now have over 70% of ADUs on 3.1.x.
- Working on getting Thunderbird 2 updates fully unthrottled (they had been on a 1 in 4 pings would get an offer).
- Worked on releases and bugzilla maintainance
- PR Update: Coverage on Tbird security releases 1, 2
- ADUs: 6.3MM Total w/ 1.3MM users on Tb 2.x.
- Sunset announcement for Tb 3.0.x released
- Continuing work on Mozilla One web site plan.
- Mozilla.com webdev wants to revamp website with FF4. We'll do something similar.
* Nagios upgraded to version 3 and other monitoring improvements * Load shuffling between Mozilla and Amazon EC2 resulting in less connection drops * gozer OOTO this week
Build / Release Update
* No newsworthy items this week
- WebDev Road Map to provide better information on scheduling
- The Account Provisioning service is about ready to go.
- Switching back to ISDPB work.
- great to be back!
- Thunderbird manual book sprint Oct 26 and 27
- follow up with Simon Fraser Uni Writing and Publishing program
- follow up with practicum student - back in November
- new KB page: Keyboard Shortcuts for Searching (also updated keyboard shortcuts page)
- minor edits to KB article on installing on Linux
- 540 new support topics down 22% (692 last week)
- FLOSS Thunderbird Manual Writing Sprint Tuesday 26-27October 2010, Jen's Thunderbird FLOSS Manual writing sprint blog post - If you know Thunderbird we'd love your contribution to this unofficial Thunderbird manual! No docs experience required just have to be a Thunderbird user and the ability to write English! See you online at the sprint! (IRC:irc.freenode.net #flossmanuals, click here to edit the Thunderbird manual (requires registration to edit the manual))
- How to install Thunderbird on Ubuntu Linux published! - Thanks to Slovenian contributor Vito Smolej for finishing and thanks to caméléon for writing the first draft! - bug 560635
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
roland, bwinton, dmose, bienvenu, sanucs, rebron, usul, jhopkins.