|Thunderbird 3.2||Thunderbird 3.1.7||Thunderbird 3.0.11|
|To Be Announced||
|| Thunderbird 3.0.11 is a stability update to Thunderbird 3.0.x
The following schedule assumes no significant issues between beta start and final release.
Last planned security & stability release for 3.0 users.
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
- Who's taking minutes? --> dmose
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Friends of the Tree
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Trending 79% on Funnel Cake 2 users, maybe due to upgrade to 3.1.6.
- Next Funnel Cake 3 to be on 3.1.6, not yet scheduled.
- ISPDB - top domain misses ocn.ad.jp, psmtp.com, interia.pl, aon.at, cox.net, netease.com, telenet-ops.be, one.com, shaw.ca, telia.com
- Minor delays due to legal issues & sickness
Pluggable Mail Stores:
- Most tests pass, bienvenu's been focussed on branch work this past week
- Up next: Thunderbird Conversations (formerly Gmail Conversation View). Currently ironing things out with clarkbw and andychung before cutting a 2.0 release. [protz]
- Updates for Mailing List Manager, Contacts on deck.
- Sync Add-on further out.
- On schedule to release an add-on a week for the next month or so
- Waiting for account provisioning discussions to progress and FF 4 status before making decision on if/when we'll do a 3.2 branch release.
- If we do include account provisioning in a release before one from trunk, then 3.2 will likely be a branch from comm-1.9.2.
- Starting 3.3 alpha cycle to get test trunk builds and major feature work
- Looking at building with omnijar (bug 601573) and places (bug 608981
- Working on migrating Mac builds from ppc/32 to 32/64 bit universal.
- Two more patches to go (one to land) before we can consider enabling.
- Help on fixing up trunk welcome, see this list of higher priority bugs.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- Firedrill releases of 3.1.6 and 3.0.10.
- 3.0.x End-of-Life announcement published.
- Starting flagging bugs to be included in the next release, please see the bug lists.
- Bug Lists: 3.1, 3.0
Major updates to 3.1
- Now have over 70% of ADUs on 3.1.x.
- Working on getting Thunderbird 2 updates fully unthrottled (they had been on a 1 in 4 pings would get an offer).
- chemspill release
- Lagging in preparing dupme workshop
- PR update: Windows 7 email: 5 best free clients, "stands out from the crowd right away"; several security update articles 1 "superfast fix", nice Dennis O'Reilly tips article, Hotmail touting new features to add other email accounts to the interface
- TB ADUs: 6.3MM users, 600k users on Tb 22.214.171.124; averaging +100k downloads
- Working through new web site design options. Some early discussion on design direction via mozilla.com.
Returned from vacation, processing e-mail slowly.
Build / Release Update
- Investigating what it would take to do release builds across more than one branch in parallel
- Planning a release engineering meeting to talk about build signing automation and security, how to make build automation more testable, and how to improve build turnaround time and robustness.
- fixed a couple minor website bugs(bug 607481)
- moving ispdb to wsgi so it can co-exist with the account provisioning middleware
- Added tests and did some more Account Provisioning work
- Thunderbird manual from the sprint (I believe the build link is temporary - check the project page for updates)
- lots of content generated, bigger than expected!
- 652 new support topics up 21% (540 last week; this week is normal)
- tb-support-crew mailing list for support contributors has been launched! If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe - Thanks to Eric Moore of MozillaZine and Wayne Mery for helping define this mailing list and its charter
- SuMoMo Localization Dashboard announced on l10n newsgroup
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- Standard8 has done some TryServer tweaks so it's now possible for pushing to work, see tb-planning for more info.