|Thunderbird 3.3 Beta 1||Thunderbird 3.1.11|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> bienvenu
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
- Leszek Życzkowski aka "teo", Polish localizer extraordinaire for being a TB Kitsune pioneer and localizing all the articles into Polish (over 100!) before Kitsune launched
- Ton aka "tonnes", enthusiastic and fab Dutch localizer, for localizing almost as many articles as teo into Dutch and many many excellent English language edits.
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
Account Provisioner: On pause while I concentrate on OpenSearch.
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- Ubuntu Natty Narwhal was released on April 28th
- Saw a spike in UnityLauncher extension downloads, usage, and feedback chatter
- The address book is mostly de-RDF'd - just need to get Outlook and OSX address books to play along, and then the patch will be ready for a full-on review.
- And once that's done, I'll dive into Ubuntu One contacts sync integration.
- UDS is next week. Blake and I will be discussing the future of Thunderbird in Ubuntu.
Schedule and Progress
- See this post for the plans for releasing Miramar
- Next date: 10th May
- String freeze and branching
- No feature additions after this date
- Good progress on blockers this week (about 10 cleared off, 15 remaining).
- Please help if you can.
- Repositories will be set up this week.
- See this post for how we get onto the release train
- Next date: 24th May
- Merge from central to aurora
- String freeze, no feature additions after this date
- Repositories and build infrastructure to be set up soon.
- tester's mailing list is low traffic you should subscribe to be warned when testing is going on.
- The QA page is going under a lot of rewrite : feedback wanted !
- Ludo will organize a test day in the next week or two
- Moving some minis in staging
- SuMoMo Kitsune launched - massive thanks to sancus and roland
Build / Release Update
- Upgrade Try server to the latest version
- Redirect old Support site to new site
- Kitsune is live now, yay - http://support.mozillamessaging.com
- Still a few issues being worked out and some improvements to be made, but overall it seems to be working well.
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 681 new support topics (my guess: higher count is due to Firefox 4 "knock-on" effect) - Media:25April-1May2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- SuMoMo migration to Kitsune KB migration done! Check it out at support.mozillamessaging.com . Unlike the older tiki system, the Kitsune version of SuMoMo is localized! Currently in the following languages in addition to English: Japanese, Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Polish with more to come! Thanks to teo, tonnes, and the rest of the localizers as well as andy chung, :sancus, :gozer, andreas, jenzed, our intern mike, karen & of course the SuMo Dev team headed by jsocol and the SUMO support team headed by djst. Future improvements are being tracked in bug 645198: Q2 Kitsune improvments bug
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Two Google summer of code students, one working on offline, the other on the calendar wizard.
- Will string freeze with Miramar
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
dmose gozer sancus standard8 jenzed roland hopkins ludo fallen mconley bwinton