|Thunderbird 3.3 Beta 1||Thunderbird 3.1.11|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> Ludovic
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
I'd like to nominate Mike Kaganski for making great improvements to our Outlook import code in bug 207156.
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- No new status.
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- No progress in development.
- Had meetings with third-parties.
- Decided to switch to a provider-first flow; need to send mockups to the providers.
- More polish for the next release: top-posting prefs, signature prefs, quoting / not quoting prefs now taken into account.
- UI polish.
- Gecko work to fix the crash triggered by Thunderbird conversations (with :mrbkap, see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=654126).
- Call to participation — please relay.
- Enhanced bugzilla support in Thunderbird Conversations. Bugzilla threads will now show meaningful snippets for collapsed messages, in the style of the Bugzilla Tweaks addons. Works with any Bugzilla setup that emits the right X-Bugzilla-* headers for bugmail.
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- Meeting Canonical folk tomorrow morning (9AM EST) to discuss the fine-grain requirements for inclusion as default mail client
- I've begun laying groundwork on Evolution Data Server integration for the TB address book
Schedule and Progress
- Next release ETA TBD
- Bug Lists: 3.1
Extension of the week
- Follow-Up let's you set reminders on emails so you can either reply later or ping users a while later.
- Tested 3.3a/b last week no major regressions found - thanks to all the testers who participated.
- Had some litmus hic-hups regarding coverage :(
- Bad start - but we caught up.
- PR Update: a few more articles re: Thunderbird and Ubuntu
- Thunderbird ADUs: 7 to 7.1MM, over 90% on 3.x with 86% on 3.1x.
- Website: Ongoing, in design phase/review with Reach Creative.
- New builders on comm-aurora.
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 3.3 beta build 1 this week
- Canary Status :
- Waiting on bits of information to start working on it.
- Should be ready in a month.
- Would have been very nice this week.
- sumomo updated to Kitsune 2.8.2
- working on AMO patch and figuring out how to move momo.com to mozilla.org
- New KB articles:
- keyboard shortcut article audited and updated; versioned for each operating system: (Thanks for the help, Karen!)
- new version of Kitsune
- moving on to 3.3 articles
- preparing a talk for the upcoming Open Help Conference
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1317 new support topics - Media:16-22May2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- SuMoMo migration to Kitsune KB migration done! Check it out at support.mozillamessaging.com. All locales with significant localization have been "Thunderbird"-ized (if your locale is missing, love to have your locale! Please post to our remaining locales to be localized Kitsune forum and email rtanglao AT mozilla.com). Future improvements are being tracked in bug 645198: Q2 Kitsune improvments bug
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- GSOC student getting up to speed they will work on :
- xpcshell.ini is a good thing for automating a few calendar tests.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
Sid0 talked about a nice extension that we'll be featured next week :-)