|Thunderbird 3.3 Beta 1
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> gozer
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- No new status.
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
Account Provisioner: On pause while bwinton concentrates on OpenSearch.
- Investigations on trunk related to gloda indexing being messed-up. This is the last bug in a series of bugs related to making sure we index sent messages immediately, which will greatly enhance the responsiveness for Thunderbird Conversations. Bienvenu and :asuth did a lot of work.
- Bugfixes on the Conversations side, I'll release a b1 version that matches the next version of Miramar.
- Hoping to catch up with :mrbkap in Paris to hunt bugs down in the JS engine.
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- Thunderbird has been provisionally accepted as the default e-mail client in Ubuntu Oneiric Ocelot, so long as we:
- Support the Messaging Menu, and the Unity Launcher (which my extensions more or less do already)
- Make some theme changes to make Thunderbird fit in more with the UI
- Integrate the address book with Evolution Data Server - this is a superset of integrating with Ubuntu One contacts sync
- Fit on the disc. This is one we have little control over, and really depends on what other default applications Canonical decides to include on the Oneiric disc.
- I'm changing the Unity Launcher extension to display all unread messages across all accounts, as opposed to new unread messages. This is the desired behaviour, according to a talk I attended at UDS.
- I'm about to land a patch that will finally get new mail notifications piping through notify-osd. Yay!
Schedule and Progress
- See this post for the plans for releasing Miramar
- Still a few more blockers remaining overall for 3.3.
- About 23 locales (out of 54) green so far.
- mozilla-aurora merges to mozilla-beta
- We'll be separating mozilla-miramar from its mirroring of mozilla-aurora
- We'll be creating separate l10n/mozilla-miramar repositories for l10n based on their work so far.
- Looking to get a first beta building this week or next.
- See this post for how we get onto the release train
- Nightly builds are up and running again, Available here (l10n)
- Next date: 24th May
- Merge from central to aurora
- String freeze, no feature additions after this date
- Next release ETA TBD
- Bug Lists: 3.1
- Thunderbird 3.3 string frozen in [progres] 25% test coverage so far.
- Press Update: several stories on Ubuntu and Thunderbird, 1, 2; and the usual tips and tricks articles
- Thunderbird ADUs: Back on track with high of 7.1MM ADUs reported yesterday, Germany, US, France, Japan, Italy, top 5 countries leading the way
- Website: starting to work with Reach Creative on the design work, schedule to be posted later this week on deliverables and design reviews
- Work progressing on the new buildbot masters.
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 3.3 beta build 1 this week or next
- working on AMO patch for the discovery pane
- figuring out a patch to improve kitsune l10n process later this week
- all Knowledge Base article requests (new articles and updates to existing articles) are now tracked in kitsune forum (https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/forums/knowledge-base-articles), not Bugzilla (all Bugzilla issues have been transferred)
- bunch of bugs closed as part of the clean up / transfer
- contribution: Ubuntu manual http://blogs.mozillamessaging.com/docs/
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 872 new support topics - Media:9-15May-2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- SuMoMo migration to Kitsune KB migration done! Check it out at support.mozillamessaging.com. All locales with significant localization have been "Thunderbird"-ized (if your locale is missing, love to have your locale! Please post to our remaining locales to be localized Kitsune forum and email rtanglao AT mozilla.com). Future improvements are being tracked in bug 645198: Q2 Kitsune improvments bug
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.