Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> gozer
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Released last week
- An add-on developer has started working on an add-on to put the tabs back where they were. Give it a shot if you want old tabs back.
- Fixes for account creation landed last week - this feature is now testable in Daily and EarlyBird
- There are some bugs with respect to URL insertion being worked on in bug 736055
- Ironing out some regressions that were introduced when we started putting plaintext content into DOM nodes (to make URL insertion smart)
- Polishing continues!
- This feature is now testable in Daily and EarlyBird
- We have received a lot of useful feedback. Of course more is still welcome, file bugs in the "Instant Messaging" component.
- We started fixing reported bugs; some patches are ready to land!
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 24 April
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Feedback is on tab of tops
- Poweruser want more customisability
- Will be un-throttled
- New beta this week
Thunderbird 3.1.x & ESR
- Last scheduled update for 3.1 was released last week.
Extension of the week
- We have a community event centered around one of the new features of the upcoming Thunderbird 13. It's about testing Filelink, the new way to send large attachment. It's This coming Thursday on March the 22sd. Details are on the Thunderbird:QA_TestDay:2012-03-22 wiki.
- release week related work.
- statement about google being prepared.
- Howto add google back.
Build / Release Update
- landed in-tree mozconfigs for comm-central
- TB+FF integration: fixing l10n dep builds. got review for initial patches from bhearsum
- jhopkins doing presentations at Confederation College Wed Mar. 21 so unavailable part of day
- Fixed: Bugs bug 729124, bug 729125, bug 727415, bug 713602 and a bunch of other non-bugged website issues plus the usual l10n reviews and merging.
- This week: TB12 Compatibility Bump, Start Page work
- Next Thunderbird Support Day will be Wed April 25th the day after TB12 release. - All welcome, blog post forthcoming
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1498 new support topics (1434 one week ago ) - Media:Thunderbird-GetSatisfaction-stats-5-11March2012-2012-03-12_1353.png
- Thunderbird 11 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB11 and tag them tb11
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Fallen to work with Linagora and work on some enterprise features while doing his internship.
- GSoC getting some traction
- Set of French students have ended their semester and should have some calendar patches which will either be extensions or submitted to core
- NUS (Singapore) Students continue on their projects. Very Exciting: Views Accessibility
- Working on nightly updates for comm-central and aurora, just waiting on a server to stick it on.
- Will be improving enterprise support by working with Linagora starting April
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- will be centered on ispdb
- App tabs
- and one other I forgot.
fallen, roland, jb, amb, usul, standard8, sancus, bwinton,mconley,irving, gozer, jhopkins,