Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> Usul
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
- Jean-marie alias "J2M" for his outstanding work on a Thunderbird FAQ in french
- Vincent alias "El Cameleon" for maintaining the French support forums and sumo articles.
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Being released today!
- In anticipation for possible questions regarding why we don't have a toggle to move the tabs above and below the toolbar, see this explanation.
- Landed in comm-central last night
- Still a bunch of known issues (see the Feature Page) - but we managed to squeak in, in time for string freeze.
- This feature is in a semi-working state. We'll (unfortunately) have to be polishing and landing on EarlyBird. Expect improvements in the next few weeks.
- Dropbox has approved our application for a production-level app token, so users will be able to use their own Dropbox accounts.
- Twitter is broken
- Feedback wanted
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: Today
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Releasing today
- goes to beta
- Goes to Aurora
Thunderbird 3.1.x & ESR
- Releasing 3.1.20 today
Extension of the week
- Mail summaries Replace the account central pane with nice data about your email usage.
- We are having a test day next week - save the date, we'll be testing the new FileLink feature
- Progressing on start Page redesign
- Maybe next week - this month for sure
- Twitter account and facebook account
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 11.0 final release planned for today
- Pushing 3.1.20 to mirrors
- Looking at signing using Firefox server (thanks rail)
- Working through issues with TB+FF integration on staging buildbot master (thanks standard8)
- content for release 11
- New article on generating HTML for signatures (needs to be moved into main sig article) (Ludo, thx for pointing contributor my way)
- New article on adjusting firewall settings for Thunderbird (draft)
- New summary article for release notes (http://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/new-thunderbird)
- 18 contrib responses
- Thunderbird 11 support day March 14th i.e. tomorrow!. - All welcome, please blog, retweet, etc.
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1434 new support topics (1285 one week ago ) - Media:Thunderbird-GetSatisfaction-stats-5-11March2012-2012-03-12_1353.png
- Hot Issue from the Weekend - Yahoo bug blocked email sent by Thunderbird (flagged it as abuse) with bgcolor set to uppercase e.g. #FFFFFF WORKAROUND: use lowercase #ffffff - March 10, 2012 - fixed by Yahoo March 12, 2012
- Thunderbird 11 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB11 and tag them tb11
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Lightning 1.3 release is approved and public on AMO
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- The use of trunk to test new features
- Last night we landed 2 new features on trunk
- They'll land on Aurora today
- No trunk coverage
- while we do ask trunk coverage for fixes
- shall we not set landing new features a week prior to the merge to Aurora ?
Standard8, mconley, bienvenu, Usul, Roland, Florian, Anne-marie, Jenzed, sancus