Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> irving
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
ryanvm was nominated from the floor, for handling lots of checkin-needed. Standard8 will get in touch with him.
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
First study, Day in the Life, goes live this week, see 
- Polish continues on bugs marked blocking bug 698925.
- Big thanks to everyone who has been testing!
- Polish work continues on bugs filed in the "Instant Messaging" component. A few fixes have already landed in comm-central, more are coming soon.
- Thanks for all the feedback!
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: April 24
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
Identified a couple of issues: IMAP hang for some people; problem when you rename a folder that is used by filters. Will ship an 11.01 probably later this week.
No new beta build this week
Thunderbird 3.1.x & ESR
Working on beefing up the 3.1.x end-of-life message and getting people to upgrade
Extension of the week
- Usual bugzilla and release work
- Had a test day for Filelink - found only two bugs during the event, but Daily and Earlybird users found a bunch more - Thanks to all of you who participated.
- Thunderbird 3.1 EOL - Highlighting April 24th, 12 date on Enterprise newsgroup, modifying message on 3.1 Start Page, preparing migration video script for end-users.
- Test Pilot blog post
- Post about 3 new languages: Armenian, Asturian, Croatian
- New Facebook cover page design is online
Move to new data centre in progress, nothing new
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird now signed with same certificate as Firefox (bug 737891)
- Added 'backoff' algorithm to failed hg clone operations (bug 687976)
- Integrating Thunderbird test builders with Firefox staging environment
- Building Thunderbird 11.0.1 this week instead of Thunderbird beta
- New Start Page
- Some CSS tweaks still needed, sidebar should be on the right side of the viewport
- Content wlil be stored in a JSON file with the following data points
- Item Number(first or second or subsequent list items)
- The page will display the content for the latest date, and you can preload content in advance. It's up to the content creator, but ideally you can preload several weeks or even months of content so that localizers can do it all in a block. Or you can add content week-to-week.
- Some other random website bugfixes that aren't really important
- Draft articles for tips:
- Text for upgrade video
- New article: adding site to open search
- work-in-progress on Gmail, IMAP, synchronization and subscription (various articles)
- Next Thunderbird Support Day will be Wed April 25th the day after TB12 release.
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1384 new support topics (1498 one week ago ) - Media:GetSatisfaction-Thunderbird-Support-Stats-19-25March-2012-2012-03-26_1537.png
- Thunderbird 11 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB11 and tag them tb11 - Issue of the week is IMAP switching folders is slow and causes Thunderbird hangs for some people - bug 733731, [9 topics and 31 people appear to have this problem in GS], 4 topics in ThunderbirdMail.de german TB forum, french TB forum and 2 threads in GeckoZone French TB forum - WORKAROUND: backup your email and upgrade to TB12Beta
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Looking for a GSOC student to work on a TB support dashboard
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
Standard8 mconley bwinton irving jb abourcier jhopkins jenzed rtanglao bienvenu ludovic florian gozer sancus