Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> jhopkins
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- have had Test Pilot running for a bit. Had a few issues with notifications (have a fix on AMO, awaiting approval)
- on the data front, have ~16,000 submissions (more info pending).
- All of the major polish has landed. Yay!
- We're still waiting on YouSendIt for a few things, which is why the management pane still doesn't give very useful information yet.
- This is going to Beta today, so hopefully we'll get some more feedback and spot / fix any bugs before we ship.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 24 Apr (today)
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- 12.0 final released
Thunderbird 3.1.x & ESR
- Thunderbird 3.1.x is officially UNsupported today.
- Thunderbird 10.0.4 released
Extension of the week
- Fit-image a nice little extensions that will re-size pictures attached to your emails so they fit your viewing area. You don't need to restart Thunderbird to see it in action.
- Thinking about a RSS/Feeds testday for the end of the month.
- May organize a Big Files test day in a few weeks
- Move hasn't affected thunderbird yet
- gozer will hunt down move of Calendar machines and keep us updated
- Tomorrow at 9AM Pacific there's an outage planned
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 12.0 beta 5, 12.0 final release
- Thunderbird 13.0 beta 1
- Pushed bulk of Thunderbird configs to Firefox production build pool to build in parallel on Friday last week.
- This week:
- resolving build issues (tracked under bug 698843's dependencies)
- get graph server entries deployed
- cut over nightlies and nightly AUS to new infrastructure
- configure release builders for testing
- configure try server for testing
- compatibility bump for Thunderbird 12 done, goes live Thursday
- Several website bugs fixed, including removing the 3.1 warning for PPC Macs
- Features page update l10n, TB ESR French update, Start Page content update system, looking at mozilla.org redesign this week
- interview process with practicum students (not as simple as two new students, as reported last week)
- Filelink: MDN instructions for adding a new storage service
- Invitation to speak as part of an industry plenary panel for BCIT's Annual Alumni Event on June 9 (BCIT is our province's largest and most respected technical college - many IT programs)
- Next Thunderbird Support Day will be Wed April 25th the day after TB12 release i.e. TOMORROW!. We'd love your help, no experience required!
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1246 new support topics (1259 one week ago ) - Media:16-April222012-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 12 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB11 and tag them tb12
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- TB community day June 1st in Vancouver (to be confirmed)
- TB Support Clinic in Vancouver modelled after the Firefox in person support event aka Firefox Clinic before Mozcamp Europe
- today's release fixes an update problem
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- GSOC status
- 4 approved Summer of Code students
- fallen, bienvenu, bwinton, mconley are mentors
- Congratulations to Atul Jangra, Han Lin, Nguyen Ngoc Trung, and Sergio R Charpinel Junior who will be working on Thunderbird projects this summer!
- Congratulations to Christian Kulpa, who will be working on a Lightning project this summer!
- Introducing Adam Muntner (adamm)
- recently joined the security team
- will be interfacing more with the Thunderbird team
- works out of New York
adamm, bienvenu, bwinton, fallen, florian, gozer, jenzed, jhopkins, mconley, rolandtanglao, sancus, standard8, usul