Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> bwinton
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
- Phoenix for Stepping up and doing closeme
We've got a profiler!
- Available on Nightly builds of Thunderbird.
- You need to install an add-on that will allow you to profile TB.
- If you see hangs, or pauses, or other sticky stuff, profile it and let us know!
- There's a blog post explaining it.
Still doing bugfix / polish work. Nothing exciting to report, but we are making good progress.
Google Summer of Code Projects
Note: Midterm evaluations going out in first week of July.
App Tab for Thunderbird
- Minor UI changes related to the default tab.
- Working on but haven't completed yet:
- App Tabs UI,
- session persistence,
- persistence across different windows.
- Bug 761727 is where the work is being done.
- Continuing work on not downloading multiple copies of messages.
- Bug 721316 is where the work is being done.
- Have downloaded all the information. Have parsed the responses of X-GM-THRID, X-GM-MSGID and X-GM-LABELS, and stored them in a hash table and associated with header of each imap message.
- Finished the edit_domain branch and made a pull request with the following items:
- add support for domain deletion in config form
- add support for configuration edition
- add support for issues report (with merge option) for approved configurations
- add more tests
- Working on comments now
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 16 07
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- 13.0.1 was released last week, fixing up various issues found after the release of 13.0.
- 14.0b2 also released last week.
Extension of the week
- Display-quota for imap users with quotas. Let's you know how much space you still can use on the server.
- Had a test days last week :
- 11% coverage (see https://litmus.mozilla.org/test_run_report.cgi?test_run_id=473) - on first install testing which was the objective
- Low participation (Thanks Breaking_Pitt, Vincent and The third participant)
- Got feedback on organization : 1 day is too short.
- nothing to report this week
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 13.0.1 and 14.0b2 released
- Win32 build machines are all running NSIS 2.46u now and release builds will use this automatically. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=765777#c8 Needs QA verification.
- Bug 765777 tracks status of nightly repacks picking up NSIS 2.46u.
- Fixed bug 761415
- Patched the account provisioner for TB13.0.1 release
- Feature page diffing is done, pushing bugs out shortly after this meeting
- Start Page Update
- New contributor articles:
- Next support day will be the day after TB 14 releases i.e. 1 day after TB14 release day July 17 which will be July 18, 2012 - It's fun and easy, just help us fill out our July 18, 2012 TB Support Day Etherpad
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1548 new support topics (1340 one week ago ) - Media:Thunderbird-GetSatisfactionMetrics-1-of-2-11-17June2012.png ; Media:Thunderbird-GetSatisfactionMetrics-2-of-2-11-17June2012.png
- Thunderbird 13 Support Issues
- Further issues? If so please edit the TB13 Support Issues page and add any issues or bugs found in TB13 and tag them tb13
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Unspecified Lightning issue.
- Startup crash when Avast is installed.
- TB Support Clinic - Location and time TBD. Possibly in Vancouver, possibly at the next Thunderbird Work Week
- Possible joint event with the fabulous Ubuntu Vancouve Local Users Group who have 500 people in their mailing list
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.