- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- Firefox 3.0.12
- Missed blockers for code freeze a week ago
- Still trying to get in a couple more
- Pushing out release by one week due to blockers missing code freeze
- Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 / Gecko 220.127.116.11
- Shipping today!
- Dan Witte now full time! He's initially working with Taras on static analysis.
- Check out Chris Jones' post on a very raw demo of our ongoing multi-process browser work. This work completes Phase I, and we're really excited to see such great progress so quickly.
- Oh, and no new blockers holding the release. So far.
Firefox 3.5 Release Schedule
- first version of the RC went to 800,000 beta testers on Monday
- second version of the RC went live on Friday afternoon PDT
- will make ship/no-ship evaluation on Wednesday of this week
- still on target for last week of June
Firefox Front End Work
- moved on to .next work
- moving on to TSnap bugs which aim to make Firefox observably faster
- also returning to polish bugs and exploratory sprints
- reminder to review and add your comments/feedback on the discussion page or in the dev-apps-firefox thread
- FF3.5rc1build1, rc1build2, rc2build1,rc2build2...and today rc3
- another MU FF3.0.11->FF3.5rc2build2 handed to QA
- TB18.104.22.168 going out today
- Fennec beta and mobile alpha builds
- converted almost all the talos slaves from "dedicated" to "pool-of-talos-slaves"
- reduced/eliminated wait times?
- Shipped 3.5RC1 Testplan, and next day, shipped 3.5RC2 Testplan
- Extra thanks to qa team, build team, and the fx-team for pulling short notices for builds and tests!
- Tested Thunderbird 22.214.171.124
- Investigated bugs for 3.0.12
- Tested Firefox 3.0.11 to 3.5 Major Update
- Worked with Microsoft to test the .NET Framework Assistant patch for Fx3.0, Fx3.5, and Fx3.0->Fx3.5. See results (Thanks AaronMT, tchung)
Web Dev Testing
- Tested and shipped Mozilla Service Week 1.0!
- AMO: Verified 5.0.6 bugs. Testing the new 1.3 version of the Add-ons Collections extension. Created a 5.0.7 test plan
- SUMO: Tested metrics and screencasts
- Spread Firefox redesign: Worked on testing the "Let's party" page
Metrics, Accessibility, Localization, Community
- QMO has simplied its homepage and usability. See here. Remember, you can log into #qa channel via the mibbit client on QMO right here.
- There was a Test Day about MozQA's Website Testing Project on Friday, June 19th. See the results. 5 bugs filed (2 security, of which 1 has severity:critical)
- There is a Testing Web Properties meet-up - Wednesday, June 24th, 6:30pm in Mountain View, CA. Please RSVP!
- There is a Berlin Meet-up on Wednesday, June 24
- Test day this Friday will be on Fennec Web Compatibility using the 1.0 Pre version.
- Accessibility: Trying out the new Window-Eyes 7.1 public beta. Marco will include it in his WAI-ARIA shootout. Worked on a number of 3.next bugs
- Metrics - Working with Simon on modifications to warehouse transformations. Working with RE to get the mochitest splitter into code coverage runs set-up. Created checks-in vs bugs data table for review by Robert Strong.
- Welcome Heather Arthur!
- Mozmill Tinderbox integration is getting closer many thanks to bhearsum and catlee! bug 457265
- Mozmill 1.2 development is still ongoing - in a find fix mode, 3 blockers remaining.
- Got FennecMark up and Running on Tinderbox bug 493057
- Will be having a Fennec Testday on Friday!
- No updates this week.
Firefox 3.5 Launch
- Firefox 3.5 Launch Parties: Call to Action (CTA) is live on the home page of SFx. Directions on how to host a party are here.
- Regional Social Network outreach. We need help updating regional social networks and Mozilla/Firefox groups. Please sign up here if you would like to take on one.
Mozilla Service Week
- Shifting focus to prepping site for localization & building out platform and NPO partners.
Infectious Community Art Project
- Launched our first set of designs from Infectious artists. Available on Infectious as laptop and iPhone skins and wallpapers. T-shirts at the Mozilla Community Store and also available as Personas!
- Community design contest to follow in July after Firefox 3.5 launch.
- Firefox 3.5 RC1 released! Coverage highlights include WIRED, PC Magazine, ZDNet and TechSpot
- Firefox 3.5 press tour coverage in SJ Mercury News, WIRED, TechFlash, CNET, PCWorld, InformationWeek, CNET and NewTeeVee posts about open video
- Sitepoint chats with Nick Nguyen about Jetpack
- New Content Security Policy posted in PC Magazine
- Mozilla Service Week in ReadWriteWeb
- Thinking about upgrading to IE8? Think twice in InfoWorld
- Velocity 2009, June 22-24, 2009, San Jose, CA - Speakers: Dion Almaer, Ben Galbraith & Chris Blizzard. Schedule here.
- FISL 2009, June 24 - 27, 2009, Porto Alegre, Brazil - Kicking off later this week.
- Renegade Craft Festival, July 18 - 19, 2009, San Francisco - Looking to showcase add-ons and demonstrate how to make a persona.
- Maker Faire Africa August 14 - 16, 2009, Accra, Ghana - Working out level of participation. Check out the wiki for early details. Let Sarah know if you are interested in helping. To sign up visit the wiki.
- we're accepting video submissions until 6/28, so please send yours in! Details at http://www.fastestfirefox.com.
- releasing the 3rd world record holder video today - the world's fastest banjo player. Will be on the Fastest Firefox site soon, but you can also view on YouTube.
Joining the Team
- we're excited that Jeff Zeller has joined the marketing team as a summer intern. He comes to us from Stanford and will be working on various community marketing projects, including launching the Mozilla Creative Collective.
- 15 screencasts added to SUMO since we released SUMO 1.1 a couple of weeks ago, and more waiting for review!
- Blog post: Screencasts are here!
- Support Firefox Day coming up this Thursday
- Concluded download button test at firefox.com
- Green was the winner
- Special thanks to Alex Buchanan (among many others) for making this initiative happen
- Funnelcake08 successfully shipped last Thursday
- This is part of our continuing effort to better understand the experience of users when they're downloading, installing and using Firefox for the first time
- Mozilla Developer Center
- Documentation work is now focused on organization and cleanup work rather than Firefox 3.5 specific material, but we're watching the 35 Days posts to be sure anything they talk about is documented cleanly.
- Working on developing new plugins for MDC to start augmenting its functionality.
- Tracking ongoing work for this summer's planned MindTouch wiki software update.
- Chris Blizzard, Mark Surman + Paul Rouget at the open video conference
- Tons of people there from various segments of the industry - producers, hosters, codec people, companies, browser vendors
- Great conference, great to work with the open video conference people
- Got a lot done with the Xiph folks on Theora
- Got to give a few great demos - great feedback from people as well
- Labs Night this Thursday, 6/25, 6-9pm at 650 Castro. We are excited to welcome Joseph Smarr, CTO at Plaxo. More details on the Labs blog.
- Snowl 0.3pre1 has been released; more details in the blog post.
No updates this week.
- 13k Collections made since launch
- 81% Compatibility
- Extend Firefox Contest
- Nick Nguyen speaking this week FISL in Brazil
- on-site last week
- AMO 5.0.7 -- work continues
- SUMO 1.2 in QA, hoping for launch Thursday
- Accepting final changesets to Firefox for RC3 until 9 PM (UTC), June 22, 2009.
- Wrapping l10n. Check the Web Dashboard for latest information.
- Axel is in Amsterdam for l10n tools conference
- Gandalf is leading Silme development with hope to release Silme 0.7 by end of week
- We'll be representing Mozilla at FISL in Brazil, where Mark will be speaking about Mozilla Education and open video.
- We continue to prepare for the relaunch of www.mozilla.org:
- The discussion about improving Bugzilla is ongoing, check the newsgroup thread and wiki page for the latest.
- We're continuing to work with new Mozilla Education partners and plan new projects:
- Based on Kathleen Wilson's recommendations, we approved CA requests from Kamu SM and Buypass (bugs 381974 and 477028 respectively).
We have 3 new interns joining us this week:
- Jeff Zeller (Marketing)
- Pejman Pour-Moezzi (Legal)
- David Keeler (Security)
Show & Tell
Starting this week, we'll have a Show & Tell session at the end of each All-Hands where a small group of interns will give an overview of the progression of their project(s). This week we have the following interns:
- Chris Howse (AMO)
- John Ford (Build)
- Arzhel Younsi (IT)
- Matthew Noorenberghe (FFx)
- Mitchell is leading the decision whether or not to move the update meeting from 1pm PDT to 11am PDT. If you haven't already provided your inputs in the news group, please do so ASAP! See the mozilla.dev.planning Google Group thread. (AKA "Moving WeeklyUpdate meeting to 11 AM Pacific?" thread in m.d.planning newsgroup.)