- 1 Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2 Goals
- 3 Deep Dives
- 3.1 Mobile (1st Monday)
- 3.2 Tools (2nd Monday)
- 3.3 Performance (3rd Monday)
- 3.4 General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- 3.5 Process (4th Monday)
- 3.6 Holidays and Trips
- 3.7 Misc
Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- Yiming's last week as an intern :-(
- Farewell lunch in SF on Wednesday for all those who can make it.
- Mdas and AutomatedTester speaking at Gtac - watch it live streamed tomorrow at 11:30am EDT
- Ted held infrastructure load meeting last week
- Goal: Improve Developer/QA ergonomics around running and debugging automation by:
- Add debugger support to B2G testrunners
- Improve patch review experience on bugzilla/Make bugzilla more user-centric
- Replace graph server with Datazilla for all desktop Talos tests
- Create a project branch view of B2G builds/tests that tracks commits per target, rather than per repo (all commits to any repo for unagi for instance) joint with releng
- Goal: Improve stability, reliability, and scalability of automation platforms by:
- Addressing all P1 B2G automation stability issues
- Complete native REST interface for Bugzilla
- Complete Mochitest to Mozbase port
- Create POC Microbenchmark suite to get feedback from developers for its usefulness
- Reduce orange factor to 5 or lower (for the last three weeks of the quarter) by driving awareness among developers, following up with assignees, and fixing intermittent automation failures.
- Update pulse so that its dependent (client side) libraries are current for its use in Tree Herder
- Create a prototype and a specification for a rig to power cycle real phones. Have a vendor selected to build the rig by end of quarter.
- Goal: Build toward our future by:
- Deploy a minimally viable TBPL replacement by end of quarter, aim to switch over mid-Q3
- Release a mozmill 2 and work with contributor community to drive toward a 2.1
- Automate a scrolling fps test using camera Eideticker measurements for Contacts, Email, Settings, and Message apps
- Milestone 2 finished
- Create and Deploy BMO user profile data for community building and education
- Create a solid net and filter system to build a bugmaster community
- Identify 5 things we can do to increase our infrastructure capacity by 10% through more streamlined usage and bringing new capacity online. (joint with releng)
- Enable performance and test automation to run on Android x86 hardware, investigate Android 2.3.x support on Pandas.
Mobile (1st Monday)
- [bc] Landed bug 853961 - Revamp Autophone logging
- [bc] Testing bug 862508 - Autophone - should specify user when launching Fennec on Android 4.2. During testing this was responsible for a regression in throbber start times. Investigating.
- [bc] Testing bug 860750 - Autophone - Add support for multiple architectures
- [bc] Unable to publish Android x86 phone test results due to confidentiality.
- [mcote] A few security fixes in preparation for putting phonedash on an AWS server under mozilla.org.
Tools (2nd Monday)
- OrangeFactor on trunk for last 7 days: 7.45
- [edmorley] Discussion of periodically mirroring OrangeFactor's production ES SCL3 DB to the dev PHX ES instance (bug 860256).
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 858171.
Performance (3rd Monday)
- Good progress on FirefoxOS for Eideticker (as stated above, "milestone 2 finished"): http://wrla.ch/blog/2013/04/actual-useful-firefoxos-eideticker-results-at-last/
- Working on a new startup test for android which just measures page load time (as opposed to startup time to page load) -- bug 860790
General Framework Support (4th Monday)
WebRTC Test Development
Process (4th Monday)
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] 3 day week due to moving house. Boxes boxes everywhere :-s
- [RyanVM] Successfully used birch for B2G work week with minimal issues. B2G team will continue using birch moving forward.