- 1 Goals Progress
- 2 Highlights
- 3 In-Depth Project Discussion
- 4 The Overview
- 4.1 AutoPhone/Noah's Ark
- 4.2 Bughunter
- 4.3 Bugzilla
- 4.4 Eideticker
- 4.5 Firebug Testing
- 4.6 Jetperf
- 4.7 Marionette
- 4.8 Mobile Automation
- 4.9 Mobile Evangelism Site-Scraping Tool
- 4.10 Mochitest
- 4.11 MozBase
- 4.12 Mozmill
- 4.13 MozTrap
- 4.14 New Graphserver (Datazilla)
- 4.15 Open Web Apps
- 4.16 Peptest
- 4.17 Powerball
- 4.18 Pulse
- 4.19 Signal From Noise
- 4.20 Speedtests
- 4.21 Systems
- 4.22 Talos
- 4.23 Sheriffing & Trees
- 4.24 Treestatus
- 4.25 Tinderboxpushlog
- 4.26 War on Orange
- 4.27 Web QA
- 4.28 Automation Development
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Round Table
- 7 Misc
Below are our top level goals. Beneath each goal, note any progress made towards that goal this week.
- Ensure B2G has all test automation available to prepare for launch
- [ON TRACK] Deploy B2G Test Automation into TBPL running on Emulator and Panda platforms.
- [ON TRACK] Maintain B2G dog food update server as well as builds for development and QA while working to hand them off to releng
- [ON TRACK] Ensure all webAPIs testable through the emulator have comprehensive automated tests
- [ON TRACK] Continue to aid QA in creating automated tests for B2G
- Expand and stabilize Test Automation on new and existing device platforms for NEON and ARMv6 support.
- [ON TRACK] Have APC.io boards chassis-ready -- rooted, smoketested, and working for ARMv6 testing
- [ON TRACK] Monitor deployment of large scale android and B2G panda board testing, aid with bug investigations
- [ON TRACK] Implement a new pool-based approach for device management in automation to increase stability on all device testing
- [ON TRACK] Deploy Autophone with 40 phones and 70% up time
- Create and deploy performance automation for desktop, fennec, and B2G product benchmarks
- [ON TRACK] Create Eideticker tests for B2G on panda boards and run them once a day
- [ON TRACK] Port Eideticker to win32 and run tests there once a day to measure win32 snappiness for desktop
- [ON TRACK] Create pageload benchmark with networking shaper tests so that we can adequately track user-perceived performance across all devices and network types
- [ON TRACK] Monitor Datazilla webservices and ensure our accuracy in detecting performance regressions on a per-push basis
- [ON TRACK] Deploy Datazilla per-push UI to make it easier for developers to dig into the causes of performance regressions
- Update our bugzilla instance to 4.2 providing many benefits from UI to helping people keep track of bugs/projects from within Bugzilla.
- [ON TRACK] Complete the 'Sandstone' CSS update
- [ON TRACK] Complete the REST API integration
- [ON TRACK] Rework browserID <--> BMO integration
- [ON TRACK] Deliver user and product dashboards
- [ON TRACK] Deploy tracking flags extension database optimization
- Make the process of sheriffing easier by updating TBPL and helping make it easier to handle the intermittent test problem
- [ON TRACK] Aid with B2G changes so that B2G oranges tracked in Orange factor, B2g tests show up in TBPL
- [ON TRACK] Make it easier to sheriff and diagnose issues through better notification and automatic suggestions of issues for intermittent failures
- [ON TRACK] Split mochitest browser-chrome from mochitest-other to improve parallelism and overall turnaround time.
- Mostly waiting review now, patches attached in: https://bugzil.la/791389,798970,798971,798973,798975
- [ON TRACK] Make orange factor update more than once a day to help make it easier to see changes over time
- [ON TRACK] Assist with getting Datazilla's UI integrated with TBPL, phase 1
- Expand and Modernize the QA Automation framework as well as make it easier and more clear how to write automated tests for QA.
- [ON TRACK] Finish and deploy mozmill 2.0 changes to frameworks and existing QA tests
- [ON TRACK] Update selenium grid to use ESX on-demand to improve web QA capacity
- [ON TRACK] Re-organize and improve the automated testing documentation at MDN
- [ON TRACK] Develop tests for WebRTC, B2G and other high profile projects
This is a place for people to put announcements or to describe activities that they'd like to highlight. It's not the responsibility of the MC to find things to put here.
In-Depth Project Discussion
Pick one project/presenter per week who will give a detail presentation on their project.
Progress, notes, problems, and other statuses about current projects. Add any new projects to this template!
- push: http://globau.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/happy-bmo-push-day-15/
- [glob & dkl] lots of upstream reviews
- [glob] discussions and planning for b2g partner bmo integration
- [glob] rapid release updates
- [glob] comment tagging refactored, up for review
- BIG FREAKIN NEWS: sut_tools is updated with modern devicemanager and many patches. This gets us 90% of the way towards changes needed to that toolchain to run on the panda boards
- Rooting phones [bc].
- Android 2.3.3, 2.3.6 and possibly Android <= 2.3.6 is simple with zergRush which gives a root adb shell. Once we have adb root access we can easily remount /system as rw. We only need to copy sh to su and give su 06755 permissions. Busybox and Superuser.apk are not required.
- Android 4.0.4 does have privilege escalation vulnerabilities but I have not found an example.
- Rooting phones without exploits will require unlocked boot loaders and custom recovery mode update.zip.
- mozdevice now throws exceptions on failure instead of values (i.e. None, 1, )
- [camd] making progress on the perf issue, but kinda complex, and I'm ramping up on the code base. So it may take 1 more week to fix.
- [jeads] Working on new developer UI
- [jeads] Waiting for bug 792912
- A frost came over the opened apps and now they are closed again!
- Mozmill Dashboard Puppet scripts are done, ready to deploy
- Spade Puppet scripts nearly done, dependencies are *fun*
- Starting on Eideticker puppet scripts
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] Day-to-day sheriffing of the trees.
- [edmorley] Created medium-long term sheriffing goals overview.
- [edmorley] Requested BuildVPN access in order to aid sheriffing (bug 797887).
- [edmorley] Patches:
- To improve test harness output for TBPL: https://bugzil.la/793855,765200
- To split browser-chrome out of mochitest-other: https://bugzil.la/791389,798970,798971,798973,798975
- Other: https://bugzil.la/795393,798419,797324,797936
- WIP patch for bug 793131.
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 726514.
- [edmorley] Patches for https://bugzil.la/796934,785377
- [edmorley] WIP for bug 795460.
- [edmorley] OrangeFactor work:
- [edmorley] Intermittent orange work:
- Backports of fixes to aurora/beta/esr: https://bugzil.la/789102,589445,766112,767215,689328,770063,783810,752796,770461,782196,774368,780863,677841,782272
- Test disabling: https://bugzil.la/745788,759157,765389,761049,785577,753225,561929,766044
- A lot of work happened for the WebRTC tests which caused us a bit of headaches due to blockers and API changes.
Standing weekly meeting related to our projects should go here
- Work week [wiki page]
- added a schedule (please put any meetings that will consume >1 A*Team member)
- added a Community Hack Day section- please feel free to suggest a project or add to an existing one!
- su vs setuid sh [bc]
Take notes here and copy and paste them to this section afterwards.
Holidays and Trips
Next week MC
Find something you think is cool, interesting, funny, or exciting and put it here