- 1 Goals Progress
- 2 Highlights
- 3 In-Depth Project Discussion
- 4 The Overview
- 4.1 AutoPhone/Noah's Ark
- 4.2 Bughunter
- 4.3 Bugzilla
- 4.4 Eideticker
- 4.5 Firebug Testing
- 4.6 Jetperf
- 4.7 Marionette
- 4.8 Mobile Automation
- 4.9 Mobile Evangelism Site-Scraping Tool
- 4.10 Mochitest
- 4.11 MozBase
- 4.12 Mozmill
- 4.13 MozTrap
- 4.14 New Graphserver (Datazilla)
- 4.15 Open Web Apps
- 4.16 Peptest
- 4.17 Powerball
- 4.18 Pulse
- 4.19 Signal From Noise
- 4.20 Speedtests
- 4.21 Systems
- 4.22 Talos
- 4.23 Sheriffing & Trees
- 4.24 Treestatus
- 4.25 Tinderboxpushlog
- 4.26 War on Orange
- 4.27 Web QA
- 4.28 Automation Development
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Round Table
- 7 Misc
Below are our top level goals. Beneath each goal, note any progress made towards that goal this week.
- Ensure B2G has all test automation available to prepare for launch
- [ON TRACK] Deploy B2G Test Automation into TBPL running on Emulator and Panda platforms.
- [ON TRACK] Maintain B2G dog food update server as well as builds for development and QA while working to hand them off to releng
- [ON TRACK] Ensure all webAPIs testable through the emulator have comprehensive automated tests
- [ON TRACK] Continue to aid QA in creating automated tests for B2G
- Expand and stabilize Test Automation on new and existing device platforms for NEON and ARMv6 support.
- [ON TRACK] Have APC.io boards chassis-ready -- rooted, smoketested, and working for ARMv6 testing
- [ON TRACK] Monitor deployment of large scale android and B2G panda board testing, aid with bug investigations
- [ON TRACK] Implement a new pool-based approach for device management in automation to increase stability on all device testing
- [ON TRACK] Deploy Autophone with 40 phones and 70% up time
- Create and deploy performance automation for desktop, fennec, and B2G product benchmarks
- [ON TRACK] Create Eideticker tests for B2G on panda boards and run them once a day
- [ON TRACK] Port Eideticker to win32 and run tests there once a day to measure win32 snappiness for desktop
- [ON TRACK] Create pageload benchmark with networking shaper tests so that we can adequately track user-perceived performance across all devices and network types
- [ON TRACK] Monitor Datazilla webservices and ensure our accuracy in detecting performance regressions on a per-push basis
- [ON TRACK] Deploy Datazilla per-push UI to make it easier for developers to dig into the causes of performance regressions
- Update our bugzilla instance to 4.2 providing many benefits from UI to helping people keep track of bugs/projects from within Bugzilla.
- [ON TRACK] Complete the 'Sandstone' CSS update
- [ON TRACK] Complete the REST API integration
- [ON TRACK] Rework browserID <--> BMO integration
- [ON TRACK] Deliver user and product dashboards
- [ON TRACK] Deploy tracking flags extension database optimization
- Make the process of sheriffing easier by updating TBPL and helping make it easier to handle the intermittent test problem
- [ON TRACK] Aid with B2G changes so that B2G oranges tracked in Orange factor, B2g tests show up in TBPL
- [ON TRACK] Make it easier to sheriff and diagnose issues through better notification and automatic suggestions of issues for intermittent failures
- [DONE] Split mochitest browser-chrome from mochitest-other to improve parallelism and overall turnaround time.
- [ON TRACK] Make orange factor update more than once a day to help make it easier to see changes over time
- [ON TRACK] Assist with getting Datazilla's UI integrated with TBPL, phase 1
- Expand and Modernize the QA Automation framework as well as make it easier and more clear how to write automated tests for QA.
- [ON TRACK] Finish and deploy mozmill 2.0 changes to frameworks and existing QA tests
- [ON TRACK] Update selenium grid to use ESX on-demand to improve web QA capacity
- [ON TRACK] Re-organize and improve the automated testing documentation at MDN
- [ON TRACK] Develop tests for WebRTC, B2G and other high profile projects
- Had the A*Team work week in Toronto last week. We did a bunch of things....
- Got a datazilla analysis tool developed to view how well the new datazilla system tracks the old graphserver system
- Pulled together lots of information from moztrap and bugzilla for B2G
- Got a preview of the new Bugzilla 4.2 work, and got search changes reviewed
- Documented mozbase
- Updated project documentation
- Debugged panda board kernel issues for B2G
- Decided how to move ahead with MozTest for Mochitest and Gaia-Integration automation suites
- Debugged and fixed issues to get APC.io board running robocop tests (on an sdcard, but the board has a known issue where it won't mount the sdcard by default)
- Discussed changes to automation infrastructure that would help developers, reviewed our plans with them as well
- Created webAPI tests for B2G, got the emulator screen-orientation tests working (up to an AOSP bug anyway)
- Hammered out final design of MozPool/Lifeguard with the other parties that we depend on (Releng, IT)
- Unbitrotted and updated code to port mochitest to Mozbase now that we have cedar we can actually land this code.
- Invited three contributors to join us for hack days and worked with them on several of the above projects.
- Ahal and Chmanchester got the AMO "JS validator" to run against mochitests in order to identify tests that might cause intermittent oranges
- Figured out what linux unittests will run on EC2 VMs. Looking really good to run non hardware dependent tests in the cloud.
In-Depth Project Discussion
Pick one project/presenter per week who will give a detail presentation on their project.
Progress, notes, problems, and other statuses about current projects. Add any new projects to this template!
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] Monday off in lieu of weekend, Tuesday travelling.
- [edmorley] Gave feedback on bug 804026.
- [edmorley] Patches: https://bugzil.la/805138,805914
- [edmorley] Dealing with dev, production and the checked-in schema all being different from each other (!!).
- [edmorley] Patches: https://bugzil.la/805118,805141,805423,800047,799578,805954,806121
- [edmorley] OrangeFactor patches: https://bugzil.la/805138,799645
Standing weekly meeting related to our projects should go here
Put your questions and things to raise with the entire team here
Take notes here and copy and paste them to this section afterwards.
Holidays and Trips
Next week MC
Find something you think is cool, interesting, funny, or exciting and put it here