Brasil/Firefox Student Ambassadors/Eventos
Hosting an event? Here you will find the information you need to get started. Follow each step to make sure you’re on the right track!
Step 1: Determine Your Event
After checking the Activities page, you should have an idea of the activity you’re hosting. Meet up with your Firefox Club or recruit your friends to join you in planning and execution.
Step 2: Get Help
If you’re planning a large-scale event, reach out to your Regional Ambassador Lead(s) for guidance. Better yet, find Firefox Student Ambassadors in your area. Don’t be afraid to contact Club Lead(s) from other schools to ask for tips and tricks in hosting your event. Or if you can handle it by yourself, do so! Be a leader, think outside the box, and get things done.
Request For Swag
If your event may require some swag, please see here for information on requesting. This request process is only available to students registered in the program and Regional Ambassador Leads. Remember that we have limited resources and can only support a few events each month. Always try to find other ways to encourage people to come!
Oftentimes teachers, departments, and administrators will ask you to show proof that you are a Firefox Student Ambassador in order to throw events on campus. If this is the case, please fill this form out to receive identification from a member of the FSA Executive Board.
Step 3: Promote Your Event
Always, always market your event to ensure people show up! Here’s a checklist:
- Make posters, print out fliers, and post them around school! You can even give classroom announcements or ask your teacher to tell your classmates for you.
- Create a Facebook Event and invite all your friends at your college. Ask them to invite people too.
- Write a blog post about the upcoming event and send the link around.
- Frequently post on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Instagram, or any social media channel you have about the event. You can even e-mail your contacts! Hashtag your city, state, or country and #firefoxstudents to get more reach.
- Fill out this Events Form so we can add your event to our Events List below.
Get creative and think of more ways to promote your event that will work at your college!
Step 4: Document Your Event
During the event, take pictures, meet the attendees, live tweet, track downloads, and more! Get creative on how you can publicize your event.
After the event, be sure to write about it. Talk about things like what you did, what your impact was (# of downloads, attendees, apps, makes, etc.), and share some photos and links. There are two options below to choose from:
Fill Out Event Reporter
Here's a FSA Event Reporter template you can remix and fill in with your own information. Learn html/css, document your event, and share your hard work with the world.
Write a Blogpost
If you have a blog, use that instead! Write a blog post on the following things:
- Where the event was
- What the event was for
- How many people attended and who they were (non-Firefox users, Mozillians, etc.)
- What the agenda/schedule was
- How successful the event was (noting things such as the number of downloads got from the event, the number of newly recruited FSAs, the number of bugs created, amount of SUMO questions answered, etc.)
Add photos and other forms of media if you have them!
FSA Events From All Around the World
Fill out this quick form and get your event on the calendar!
- Please note that the calendar is in India Standard Time. Every event will say "12am" because time is not part of the form. If you'd like to find the time of the event, please click on the event to see more details!