< Firefox | Planning
Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Actions from Last Week
- 2 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 3 Feedback Summary
- 4 UX & User Research
- 5 Market Insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
- 6 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- 7 Questions, Comments, FYI
- 8 Actions this week
Actions from Last Week
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- FF21.0 was unthrottled completely late last week
- All but the latest two releases are now Flash CTP
- Older releases have had their update preferences updated with the latest, for sake of uptake
- Beta 3 went to build yesterday, released before the end of the week
- Not exactly producty, but... https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Channel-specific_build_defines
- Significant updates to 10 locales in Beta 3: Gujarati (gu-IN), Hindi (hi-IN), Kannada (kn), Malayalam (ml), Northern Sotho (nso), Oriya (or), Punjabi (pa-IN), Songhay (son), Tamil (ta, India) and Telugu (te)
- Iteration #7 ended on May 23: View Status Report
- Currently involved in Iteration #8 which runs from Tuesday May 28 - Monday June 10.
- 8 out of 124 points closed to date (6% of total work).
- On PTO from Friday May 31 - June 12: Asa will be assuming my Metro responsibilities while I'm gone.
24 Total; 0 Open (0%); 10 Resolved (41.67%); 14 Verified (58.33%);
- Uplifting a few fixes
- [AT RISK] Firefox Health Report
- [AT RISK] Added locale: Turkish
- [AT RISK] Added locale: Hungarian
- [ON TRACK] Dynamic URL bar
- [ON TRACK] NFC bump for tab sharing
- [ON TRACK] WebRTC platform support, confirmed: preffed OFF
- [ON TRACK] L10N foundation improvements
- [ON TRACK] UI for changing search engine default
- [ON TRACK] RSS/Atom feed handling
- [ON TRACK] API: Payments
- [ON TRACK] Other toolbar/awesomescreen improvements: Switch to Tab (Awesomescreen shows already open tabs), Domain autocomplete in Awesomescreen, Show URL instead of Title in Toolbar, highlight domain in toolbar when showing URL
- Landed support for Async prompts, should fix a class of ANRs (chrome hangs)
- [ON TRACK] Reader Improvements
- [ON TRACK] Quickshare
- [PLANNED] Packaged apps support
- [PLANNED] Web Audio API
- [PLANNED] API: Push notifications
- [PLANNED] SkiaGL improvements
- [PLANNED] Set Top Box optimization
- [PLANNED] Directional game console navigation
- [PROPOSED] Shumway: generic video player
- Will create new project page with Mobile-specific work to be done when known
- [PROPOSED] bug 850984- Request for set Baidu search engine as default for zh-CN Version of Firefox for Android
- Depends on: bug 861164 - use different search URLs for tablet vs. non-tablet
- our long national nightmare is over - Browser Console replaces Error Console in Nightly
- productivity has temporarily slowed to a crawl due to a kayaking trip called 'JSConf'.
- cautiously optimistic SDK Australis bits will be completed this quarter, even if they can't land.
Release is stable.
Release is Stable
UX & User Research
No update this week.
Market Insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
- HTC First, the phone pre-loaded with Facebook Home is experiencing delays in being made available to additional markets than the US, such as the UK and France. Reasons quoted is the poor experience of the app, which is rated on the Google Play Store with 2.3 stars. This comes amid record low earnings in Q1 for HTC, mainly due to delays in launching its flagship device, the HTC One.
- Samsung announced an event in London for the 20th of June to unveil new devices in the Galaxy and the Ativ lines. In the Galaxy series (Android - based) rumours point to a Mini version of the Galaxy S IV. Due to the records sales of the original Galaxy S IV, it is expected that the lower - end version thereof will do well to capture that segment. The Ativ series is based on the Windows Phone OS and has been opened by the Ativ S, which has been met by moderate reviews.
- The European Commission has made a series of news on antitrust enquiries, complains and investigations. Regarding Google, the regulator has mentioned they will likely ask the company to improve its proposals around the promotion of goods and services on its search service. On Apple, the authority sent a questionnaire to operators across the region on sales and distribution terms for the company's products.
- Mary Meeker released her yearly asessment on the development of the Internet.
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- No updates today besides this reminder: PR is on press tour and will be demoing Sync and WebRTC goodness -- let's keep those hamsters running!