Jetpack Features is a working group exploring the feasibility of shipping core Firefox features as default addons built with the Add-on SDK. It is open to all Mozilla community members with an interest in and aptitude for the subject.
We think Jetpack is a better way to develop many Firefox features.
- It causes Firefox developers to eat their own dogfood, encouraging the growth and sustenance of a robust, first-class addon platform.
- It enables Firefox features to be built and enabled selectively, giving distributors and users more options for customizing the browser to better meet user needs.
Group discussions happen in two places:
The group used to meet every other week on a regular schedule via audio/video conferencing to discuss progress and identify next steps, but it no longer does so.
When it met, the meeting facilitator announced upcoming meetings in the dev.planning discussion forum and posted notes for each meeting—including an agenda, a list of attendees, and minutes—to this page.
The meeting details were:
- Time: every other week, Fridays 9:05 - 9:50am PT (17:05 - 17:50 UTC; 16:05 - 16:50 UTC during US DST)
- Audio/Video: Jetpack Vidyo room
- Audio Only:
- US: +1-800-707-2533, password 369, conference number 99449
- US/Intl: +1-650-903-0800 or +1-650-215-1282, extension 92, conference number 99449
- Notes: etherpad