- 1 Contribute to Firefox Marketplace
Contribute to Firefox Marketplace
Firefox Marketplace is the only app store dedicated to providing content built with HTML5 standards and open source values. Help bring openness, freedom, and user choice to the world of app publishing—–it's easy to start contributing to this project. Join our mailing list to stay up-to-date on what's happening in the community.
Ways to make an impact in OCTOBER
Below are featured opportunities for this month. This wiki has the full list of contribution opportunities. Be sure to self-report any contributions you make in the Get Recognized section below!
One and Done (15-minute tasks)
Don't have much time but want to do something to help Marketplace? Pick a simple task below:
- Test and rate apps on Marketplace
- Go to https://marketplace.firefox.com on your mobile device and find an app with fewer than 10 reviews that interests you.
- Install and sample the app. If it's broken or has mature or unsafe content, use the "Report Abuse" button to notify the app review team.
- Rate and review the app by clicking the "Write a Review" button. See Tips
- Fix MDN links for Marketplace documentation: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1082657
- App localization review: (Free Transifex account required): Review 100% of all strings in your local language for any app that's listed in the Firefox App Localization project on Transifex. We continue to need reviewers of Bengali/Bengali_bd/Bengali_in apps. Also, there's a need for translation reviews and translators for apps in dozens of languages, and many are easily "one and done."
- App translation: Complete any app localization where there are still some untranslated strings. Please self-report on your progress, but be sure to play fair. Some apps have much more work (more strings). If you like to work on translation, sign up here to get a Transifex account
Looking for a bigger challenge that requires more creativity and deeper involvement? A guided project can be fun and rewarding, and help you learn new skills:
- First-time code contributions: tinker with Marketplace code, and get some guidance too!
- NEW! Step-by-step slides and video on how to contribute to front-end Marketplace bugs: http://andymckay.github.io/presentations/contributing-marketplace
- More documentation: http://marketplace.readthedocs.org/en/latest/topics/contributing.html
Join an Open Chat Session
Connect with us at an open chat session below. Come ask questions, get guidance, or just hang out. Anyone can create a session, just add your name and the time you'll be online.
|Date||Time (include time zone)||Host||Topic (optional)||How to join|
|Wed, Oct 1||10:30 - 11:30am Pacific||AMMO Team||Community issues, contribution opportunities, app & add-on reviews|| Vidyo: AMMO room - https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=mk8UtsxkzzqV|
To join from a telephone instead, dial: +1 (800) 707-2533, pin 369, conf 98862
|Every Friday||12:30pm - 1pm Pacific||Apps Team||Apps Show & Tell - see the latest in apps development|| Vidyo: Apps room - https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=gR4Mn5hE6kGz|
To join from a telephone instead, dial: +1 (800) 707-2533, pin 369, conf 98652
We want to make sure you're recognized for your contributions!
- Create a Mozillians profile if you haven't already.
- Add your name and accomplishments below (please be specific--these will be archived by month, so list your recent contributions)
Every month, we'll pick an outstanding contributor and send that person a token of appreciation. Any contribution is eligible--it doesn't have to be an opportunity listed on this page!
|Name||Link to Mozillians Profile||Accomplishments this month||Link to your work (if any)||Mentor (if any)|
|rctgamer||https://mozillians.org/u/rctgamer3/||Help the Add-ons Team file blocklist bugs and provide all the required information to deal with them quickly.||NA||NA|
|jaipradeesh||https://mozillians.org/u/jaipradeesh/||Cleared the Tarako queue of 80+ reviews||NA||NA|
|Hossain Al Ikram||https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/hossainalikram/||Localized 4 App & Reviewes 3 Apps Localization , Created One app , Triaged 50+ bugs||NA||NA|
|Andreas Wagner||https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/TheOne/||Add-on development workshop and Q&A at Mozilla German Hacking Day 2, Thunderbird Add-ons Lightning Talk at Thunderbird Summit 2014||NA||NA|
|Kailas PATIL||https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/patilkr24||Cleared the Tarako queue of 12+ reviews||NA||NA|
Contributor of the Month for September
Congratulations to Daniele Scasciafratte!
Top Reviewers of the Month
Note these counts don't include reviews for special projects and device/region specific additional reviews.
App Curation Board
Thank you to all the contributors helping to curate featured content on Firefox Marketplace!