- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Firefox 27 has shipped!
- Firefox 28 Beta will ship soon
- Next merge: 2014-03-17
Topics for This Week
- Google Summer of Code
- GSoC sponsors students for 3 months each summer to working on selected open-source projects, and Mozilla needs project ideas by Feb 14 to submit to Google for consideration. Read this blog post for details and add to this brainstorming page if you have project ideas!
- Startup Performance Regression
- We are chasing down a big performance regression that appeared around Jan 27th. It might be two different ones. See bug 964307 and bug 966580.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Sebastian Kaspari (:sebastian) fixed bug 966810 - Don't prompt to enable search suggestions if search.suggestions is true
- Raymond (:retornam) fixed bug 960725 - Rename Search Settings and reorder Customize list
- Errietta fixed bug 959366 - Remove unused LazyNotificationGetter.shutdown function
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Polishing up single GLContext patch for Skia
- Investigating deferred canvas
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- Starting work on IME testing
- Troubleshooting background hang reporting
- 959218 - ANR: Deadlock during backgrounding when shutting down disk cache
- 964813 - crash in mozilla::AndroidBridge::GetJNIEnv()
- 964859 - crash in sqliteInternalCall
- Last week:
- FOSDEM presentation
- bug 966659 SafeBrowsing updates are broken
- Next week:
- WebRTC workweek
- Last Week: Sick most of last week. Have WebRTC video data streaming from browser page to stand alone client.
- This Week: Display video, break out code into stand alone library, create public C/C++ api to access WebRTC functionality in stand alone library.
- Some UI work on bug 946022 - Implement requestAutocomplete for Firefox for Android
- Hacking Adblock Plus startup
- bug 967325 - Implement sendRequestToGecko for async Gecko requests
<Read Only> Last week
- Chasing some startup performance stuff bug 967254, bug 961954.
- Landed the delayed startup code. bug 964510. Doesn't seem to have fixed the regression. Still digging into that (with help from others).
- Mostly done version of bug 942270 - Add Quickshare buttons to Context menu. Cleaning up code for review (and refactoring the context menu code at the same time).
- Home Banner (BREAK ALL THE THINGS!) bug 960359 bug 920791 bug 966047
- bug 942295 Folder view for dynamic panels
- bug 967085 - Home Banner Redesign (we backed out previous patches)
- Continue bug 942295 - Folder view for dynamic panels
- bug 816318 - Move to Android Downloads manager (decision made!)
- bug 949174 - Implement invalidation routine for HomePager configuration
- bug 952311 - Update home config when new panels are added/removed
- bug 964375 - Add auto-install option to Home.panels.add API
- bug 968179 - Fennec crashes when using PanelGridView
- bug 909550 - Lazy load tabs panel
- (Investigation) bug 966580 - [regression] Eideticker fresh and dirty startup time regression
- (In progress) bug 963046 - Implement image loading infrastructure for panel views
- (In progress) bug 964508 - Rename TwoLineRow members to match the latest dataset terminology
- (In progress) bug 966022 - Implement the notion of itemType on existing panel views (list, grid)
- (In progress) bug 967742 - Consolidate API to edit HomeConfig state
- Tons of reviews
- Land in-progress patches
- bug 966485 - Add back support for FENNEC_STARTUP_TIME_ABOUTHOME
- Home panels stuff (mostly the invalidation follow-ups)
- Home Panels hack week: finishing up bug 942878 - Add new home panel from settings
- bug 950698 - Search providers hint is incorrect
- bug 903535 - Update strings for wifi/geolocation settings UI
- bug 962047 - Default search engines not shown
- bug 963444 - Fix Beta release notes link
- reviews, mentoring
- PTO next week
- Snippets fallout
- Eideticker regression investigation - bug 966580
- Exploring panel add-on authentication flow with some demo add-ons
- Blog post: http://blog.margaretleibovic.com/post/75553256773/wip-home-page-customization-in-firefox-for-android
- 745755 - Generate a marketplace bookmark on profile creation?
- 961375 - Label for "Hide title bar when scrolling" pref is cropped in portrait mode
- 964926 - Update HomeProvider authority manifest declaration
- 965033 - Hook up DynamicPanel to HomeProvider
- 965358 - Intermittent testHomeBanner | banner text - correct text appeared in the home banner
Note: Not on dev box, don't have open tabs and various txt files. Will make this more accurate when I get to it.
- bug 961526 - crash in android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConstraintException: foreign key constraint failed (code 19) at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.nativeExecuteForLastInsertedRowId(Native Method)
- bug 967134 - Add documentation link to UITest javadoc
- bug 960709 - Synthesized APK launch attempts to invoke the health provider; permission denial, app fails to launch - java.lang.SecurityException
- bug 960135 - (Redacted)
- Investigate bug 962165 - I'm getting a lot of non-crashreporter triggering crashes while browsing reddit (mainly loading imgur.com links) on my phone
- bug 959652 - BrowserHealthRecorder.ensureEnvironment can be expensive during startup
- Herding bug 941155 (fix talos on mobile to have pageloader tests working in regular mode and nochrome mode) along
- bug 942283 - HomeList RSS addon
- bug 939350 - Create Python linter wrapper
- bug 898613: [fig] Editing mode tests (followup to bug 895828)
- bug 938824 - Remove reflection from testSearchSuggestions
- bug 963352 - Add more testcases to TestHomeProvider
- bug 965548 - Add a way to close edit mode in one tap
- bug 940087 - Shutdown crash in _cairo_hash_table_remove during Android 4.0 Debug mochitest-2
- bug 968212 - Download Manager fails to open MIDI file
- bug 967032 - Intermittent testAdobeFlash | "Process crashed?" on tegra
- bug 746998 - Download manager tries to open unknown file types using PDF Viewer
- bug 611556 - zoom levels should persist within a session
- bug 963317 - Intermittent Android Shutdown | application crashed [@ nssCertificate_Destroy][@ FreeArenaList]
- bug 583242 - Add contact support to form autocomplete (Android)
- First version of FxA Sync landed. Hi-five to nalexander, AaronMT, and the rest of the crew. Use caution but test!
- More work coming over the next couple of releases, with a lot of uplifts.
- Winter of Icons:
- Piles of miscellaneous reviews.
- bug 951865 - Fix GeckoView resources - just landed.
- bug 961339 - Fix fennec_ids.txt Robocop issue - r? to glandium.
- bug 946083 - Fix issue with Proguard and stale .class files - r? to glandium.
- bug 853045 - Talked with gps yesterday, reworking to fit his vision. Working well locally: Eclipse projects for Fennec, background services JUnit 3, and bonus Robocop project.
Back to the Firefox Accounts grindstone soon :(
- PTO last week
- bug 963505 - iframes should load with low network priority
- bug 964754 - crash after desktop tab share (double free and/or refcount err in MediaEngineTabVideoSource)
- In MV for Web Compat work week
- Great week in SF!
- Hub is coming together!
- FxA Sync is starting to work!
- Tablet prototyping / testing happened, doing some synthesis now
- Auto fill reviews - busdev / legal / security
- MWC prep
- Form auto-fill: Initial design draft
- Tabbed browsing (+ low-fidelity prototyping) explorations
- Had some discussions & feedback from Wes, Lucas & Ian.
- much OOO in February (vacations, TRIBEs, MWC)
- in Portland this week for team meetup
- in Bay Area next week for organization meetup ("Apps Days")
APK Factory Service
- Fx28, Ships 03/18
- [ON TRACK] bug 768667 - Use the action bar for text selection on ICS+
- [ON TRACK] bug 875750 - Implement <input type="color">: Android widget/color picker
- [ON TRACK] bug 852608 - Add support for OpenSearch. Firefox Mobile supports <link rel="search">
- [ON TRACK] bug 943475 - Predictive lookup for awesomebar entries
- [ON TRACK] Dynamic snippets support preffed off
- [ON TRACK] Background Thread Hang Reporting bug 932865
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Estonian (et), bug 946204
- Fx29, Ships 04/29
- [ON TRACK] Toolbar Refactor
- [ON TRACK] Ongoing: Startup wins, including removing throbber replacing with progress bar bug 917896, bug 959776
- [ON TRACK] Dynamic snippets support preffed on
- [ON TRACK] Telemetry probes for Fennec UI elements
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Hindi(hi), bug 960059
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Indonesian (id), bug 521995
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Latvian (lv) , bug 958021
- [ON TRACK] Shumway Bundled in Browser but disabled, bug 905668
- [ON TRACK] APK Synthesis on by default
- [ON TRACK] Promo snippet for Sync
- [ON TRACK] Promo snippet for Marketplace
- [ON TRACK] Preloaded bookmark for Marketplace
- [AT RISK] Multiple Quickshare Buttons - 2 Quickshare on main menu
- [AT RISK] Quickshare Contexts <== need to break into 2 parts
- [AT RISK] Firefox Accounts with Sync 1.5 integration
- [AT RISK] My List: Manage current lists in settings the ability to "hide"only, no re-order is ok? Can we ship without drag and drop?
- [PROPOSED] Synced tabs page as entry point into Firefox Accounts & Sync bug 958889 (nice to have, shift to 30 if needed)
- [PROPOSED] WebRTC tab streaming
- Fx30, Ships 06/10
- [PROPOSED] Quickshare: Settable default service for quickshare buttons
- [PROPOSED] Third-party service integration MVP
- [PROPOSED] My List: How My List works (MVP reqs only)
- [PROPOSED] My List: Save any web-viewable content (MVP reqs only)
- [PROPOSED] My List: Add new My List from Promotional Panel (MVP reqs only)
- [PROPOSED] My List: Subscribe to feed or service as a new list (MVP reqs only)
- [PROPOSED] My List: Add new and improved list management in Settings (MVP reqs only)
- [PROPOSED] Service integration: Downloads (MVP reqs only)
- [PROPOSED] Preferred web content language
- [PROPOSED] PDF.js support (v1 cupcake)
- [PROPOSED] API: Contacts (incl permissions bump)
- [PROPOSED] Geolocation services (incl permissions bump)
- [PROPOSED] Added locale: Vietnamese (vi)
- [PROPOSED] Added locale: Afrikaans (af)
- [PROPOSED] Use System download manager on GB+ (bug 816318)
- [PROPOSED] Turn on phone number linkify bug 957345
- Fx31, Ships 07/22
- [PROPOSED] Quickshare: Collect aggregate usage data
- [PROPOSED] Promotional banner enhancements
- [PROPOSED] My_List: Add new My List from Promotional Banner
- [PROPOSED] API: Web activities
- Updates broken on nightly
- Early crash rate for 27 at 2.0 crashes 100/adu