- 1 FIREFOX STUDENT AMBASSADOR VIDEO TUTORIALS
- 1.1 Why make a Video Tutorial?
- 1.2 What should be the Theme of my Video?
- 1.3 Resources
- 1.4 Process to create video
- 1.5 What Makes a Good Video
- 1.6 Selection Process
- 1.7 Final posting platform
- 1.8 Videos Submitted
- 1.9 Rewards
- 1.10 FAQ
FIREFOX STUDENT AMBASSADOR VIDEO TUTORIALS
Why make a Video Tutorial?
- Provide information, support, and helpful tips to your fellow FSAs
- Use the videos as a way to recruit more individuals to join your Firefox Club (and help new members learn more about Mozilla!)
- Showcase your work at a global level
- Learn more about Capture Mozilla and Webmaker Projects (and how to use them!)
What should be the Theme of my Video?
Theme of the Month
Each month, the Student Working Group will decide on a single theme that will be the 'Theme of the Month.' You do not need to make your video on this topic, but we recommend that you do!
- March: What I love about Firefox OS
- April: What's great about Australis
- March: March 25th (please submit the link to your video here).
- April: April 25th (please submit the link to your video here).
Additional Suggestions for Themes
- My Idea to Develop Mozilla(By Team Innovative-Dyvik)
- Video testimonials from your campus - what does Mozilla mean to you?
- What makes Mozilla different
- Why I use Firefox
- Introduction to your Firefox Club, what makes you special, what your Club is working on
- Why students should use Firefox OS
- What you've learned as an FSA (and why you joined the program)
- My first steps as a Mozillian
The Capture Mozilla Project uses video to capture and share knowledge (from know-how to cultural) across the Mozilla community. The aim of Capture Mozilla is:
- To generate brief interactive videos that give the know-how Mozillians need to to act quickly.
- To collect existing and new video from the community that shares knowledge.
- To use a self-serve model that gives Mozillians easy access to relevant knowledge at whatever level of contribution they engage in.
- To make video fun, interactive and easy to share.
Mozilla’s Webmaker is the coalition of open tools and teaching in the hands of a growing community dedicated to teaching digital skills and web literacy. Our mission is to help people know more, do more and do better through the open web - a web that is knowable, interoperable and everyone’s. At Webmaker we do this by building great tools, inspiring and supporting communities, teaching and learning and shaping the environments in which the open web is made possible.
Firefox Student Ambassador Sign-Up Page
Not yet a member of the program? Sign-up to become a Firefox Student Ambassador here.
Firefox Student Ambassador Blog
Keep up-to-date on what is going on with the Firefox Student Ambassador program on our blog.
Firefox Student Ambassador Air Mozilla Channel
Here is the link to our Air Mozilla Channel.
Process to create video
FSA's will follow the below steps to create the video:
1. Make a video (no longer than 3 minutes in length) about one of the topics outlined above
- Tip: You can produce a footage or make use of existing footage
3. Using Popcorn maker, edit your video by doing one of the following:
- Make use of footage from the previous step [example]
- Without using any footage (just by using pictures and text) [example - Mentoring Hours Protocol]
4. After remixing with Popcorn, publish your video. Once you publish your video, Popcorn will provide you with a unique url.
What Makes a Good Video
Want to know what makes a good video? Here are some helpful guidelines:
- Aligns with the monthly theme or one of the themes listed above
- A remix of your own footage / video
- No more than 3 minutes
- Video should be in English and have Universal subtitles
- Video should have at least one starting and ending slide template for each theme
- Video must be created by a registered Firefox Student Ambassador
- Video should be understandable and clearly communicate the message or theme
Every month, the top five videos will be selected by the Student Working Group by the 25th of the month. These videos will then be posted on our blog. (Note: You must be a registered Firefox Student Ambassador to receive the newsletter - sign-up here.)
Final posting platform
All videos that adhere to the guidelines will be posted on our Air Mozilla Channel. On the 25th of each month, the top five videos will be posted on our blog to be voted on until the last day of that month. The 'Video of the Month' will then be announced in the following month's newsletter and on the FSA blog.
I am a Mozillian because...
What I love about being a Firefox Student Ambassador...
- Mohankumar Duraisamy - https://mohan.makes.org/popcorn/1qj8
- Shreyas N Kutty - https://dunebuggie.makes.org/popcorn/1qqx
- Nikesh Balami - https://nikesh2.makes.org/popcorn/1qj1
- Manish Dangol - https://islingtonmozilla.makes.org/popcorn/1r7g
- Deep Raj - https://developer15deepraj.makes.org/popcorn/1r80
- Varun Kaushik - https://varunkaushik.makes.org/popcorn/1rp3
- Muhammad Mufid Luthfi - https://mmufidluthfi.makes.org/popcorn/1px6
- Meghraj Suthar - https://raj007.makes.org/popcorn/1py9
- Ujjwal Hatuwal - https://ujjwalhatuwal.makes.org/popcorn/1s48
What I love about Firefox OS ...
- Mohankumar Duraisamy - https://mohan.makes.org/popcorn/1uph
- Saisharan - https://saisharansai.makes.org/popcorn/1vdj
What I love about New Firefox
- New Firefox is now available only on Firefox Beta . To participate in the video tutorials contest , get the Firefox Beta here and make a popcorn on what you like in New Firefox !
The 'Video of the Month' (as voted on by FSAs) will receive the following honors:
- Posted on the FSA blog
- Mentioned in the following month's newsletter
Updated shortly ..!