Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> TBD
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org that she can send them a shirt!
Modern Address Book
- Draft specification for contact provider connectors interface has been posted here.
- See mail to TB-planning.
- Now would be a great time to hear about feedback
- #ensemble on irc.mozilla.org is the project channel.
- App menu in chat tab automatically landing very soon
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 19 Nov
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
Probably another beta this week. Today or tomorrow Ludovic wonders about usage number on Beta. We're at about 20K - this is a stable number. We currently have a very homogeneous group on Beta. Nobody using antivirus, on other providers than gmail, dovecot, only plaintext e-mail. We need new beta testers.
Extension of the week
No extension of the week
- Moved our test cases from Litmus to moztrap
- We lost 4 tests in the process.
- Post 17 wants to have a day when people can play with moztrap.
- Reason for the move to moztrap was that Litmus is going away.
- Working on bubbling up bugs for devs past 17 should get something out this week.
Question from Ludovic: What is going on with Twitter and Facebook pages. Do we have a volunteer to do this in the future? Ludovic will send an e-mail to the list about it.
Build / Release Update
Nothing to report
- TB 16->17 Compat update done, will go out early -- LAST COMPAT UPDATE YAY
- Will write documentation on how this works for future uses.
- Engagement off-site last week. Tiring.
Support and Documentation
- Support Meeting, Wednesday October 24, 5:30a.m. Pacific in the Thunderbird Vidyo room - Please fill out 24 Oct 2012 Support Meeting Etherpad and join us if you can
- Thunderbird 16.0 Support Issues of the week :
- Spell Checker broken in HTML email, workaround use "Variable Width" please add any missing issues to the TB16 support issues page - still not sure if TB16 compacting fixes have made a big difference
- bug 803843 - IMAP mailfiles keep growing to gigabyte size / dovecot server
- 1280 new support topics (1280 one week ago ) - Media:15-21October2012-GS-TB-Part1of2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png, Media:15-21October2012-GS-TB-Part2of2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
Nothing to report.
Mark Banner will ping phillip and ask for weekly updates
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
standard8, usul, mconley, sancus, andreasn, rolandtanglao, kent, irving