- 1 Goals Progress
- 2 Highlights
- 3 In-Depth Project Discussion
- 4 The Overview
- 4.1 AutoPhone/Noah's Ark
- 4.2 Bughunter
- 4.3 Bugzilla
- 4.4 Eideticker
- 4.5 Firebug Testing
- 4.6 Jetperf
- 4.7 Marionette
- 4.8 Mobile Automation
- 4.9 Mobile Evangelism Site-Scraping Tool
- 4.10 Mochitest
- 4.11 MozBase
- 4.12 Mozmill
- 4.13 MozTrap
- 4.14 New Graphserver (Datazilla)
- 4.15 Open Web Apps
- 4.16 Peptest
- 4.17 Powerball
- 4.18 Pulse
- 4.19 Signal From Noise
- 4.20 Speedtests
- 4.21 Systems
- 4.22 Talos
- 4.23 Sheriffing & Trees
- 4.24 Treestatus
- 4.25 Tinderboxpushlog
- 4.26 War on Orange
- 4.27 Web QA
- 4.28 Automation Development
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Round Table
- 7 Misc
Below are our top level goals. Beneath each goal, note any progress made towards that goal this week.
- [ON TRACK] Support the B2G and platform team by moving existing automation to that platform as well as expanding automation on B2G and B2G devices for basecamp deliverables.
- [mihneadb] SUTAgentC working on B2G. Some tests passing.
- [mihneadb] SUTAgent tests (passing for the Java implementation) in mozbase/mozdevice. bug 778366
- [ahal] reftests running consistently on desktop-linux-emulator (note: consistently != passing) bug 773482
- [mcote] SUTAgent requirements spec nearly done. AutoPhone adb -> SUT awaiting review (bug 776737).
- [ON TRACK] Expand Mobile testing platforms for B2G and Fennec Native to include user devices, NEON Chipsets (panda boards), and ARMv6 (Beagle boards).
- [wlach] experimenting with his new ARMv6 tablet (unfortuantely the wrong model was ordered, so no HDMI out, but may still be possible to do some basic tests of checkerboarding through internal browser metrics).
- [ON TRACK] Establish new Datazilla system as a useful tool for capturing and diagnosing talos performance regressions on a per-push basis, as well as capturing data for network and B2G performance tests.
- NOTE: This is largely a change to the data harvesting and analysis side of the Talos system (even though some changes are required to the test harness and tests themselves). We will not be replacing existing Talos data harvesting system in Q3. By the end of Q3, we want to have the new performance data harvesting and analysis system Datazilla to a point at which it can shadow the old system and we can use Q4 to verify that the new approach captures just as many regressions as the old system does. Potential timeframe for conversion of the old system to the new Datazilla system is in Q1 2013 (earliest "thumb in the wind" estimate).
- [ON TRACK] Upgrade BMO to 4.2, deploy tracking flags optimizations, UX improvements (comment tagging, mid-air resolution)
- lots of search work for the bmo/4.2 blocker bug 677757
- [ON TRACK] Make TBPL More Orange aware to make it easier to file intermittent orange bugs, and so that we can more adequately track (and therefore address) issues around android-related and memory leak intermittent failures
- [edmorley] Filed bug 778688 for making TBPL handle more types of failures (to reduce need for manual starring / the need to open full logs) and started collating issues under it.
- [ON TRACK] Enable QA and contributors to increase their skills and participation by crafting automated tests for B2G and desktop smoketests by providing examples, mentoring, and documentation
This is a place for people to put announcements or to describe activities that they'd like to highlight. It's not the responsibility of the MC to find things to put here.
- [DBurns] The Browser Automation Spec test repo has been created and mirrored on github if people want to follow
In-Depth Project Discussion
Retrying wlach on Eideticker.
Progress, notes, problems, and other statuses about current projects. Add any new projects to this template!
- [mihneadb] In case you need an account for installing stuff (example: ROM Manager for installing CWM easily) on Android (auto)phones: user: firstname.lastname@example.org, passwd: ***** (It is a dummy account, has no data.)
- [mcote] Finishing up proper requirements spec for SUTAgent: Auto-tools/Projects/SUTAgent
- [mcote] AutoPhone adb -> SUT transition finished and up for review.
- pushed changes: http://globau.wordpress.com/2012/07/26/happy-bmo-push-day-6/
- [glob] service-now tweaks for various forms
- [glob+dkl] discovered security issue (glob), patched (lpsolit), and drove upstream release (dkl)
- [glob] lots of search work for the bmo/4.2 blocker
- [dkl+glob] large amounts of upstream reviews and commits due to lpsolit's return from holiday
- [dkl+glob] bmo administration work
- [mdas] video capture is working for b2g pandaboards; now adding eideticker framework support
- [wlach] - eideticker seems to have identified a mobile regression in bug 777357, investigating further
- [DBurns] stabilising a test for Marionette
- [DBurns] Aligning some more methods with Selenium
- [wlach] / [jmaher]: Looking into underlying causes of rebooting tegras (we think we've isolated it to the behaviour of the watcher). See bug 771626
- [wlach] / [jmaher] Lots of related work to the agent and watcher to be more debuggable
- [mihneadb] Small fixes to devicemanagerSUT bug 778329 bug 778363
- [mihneadb] Mozbase/moztest (results) - getting closer to first "release" bug 774419
- [ahal] fixed regression in mozprocess bug 776931
- updated tests + other minor work around mozbase
- [hskupin] Released Mozmill 1.5.17 with a fix for HTTPd issues
- [jeads] Some progress from netops on setting up firewall holes for datazilla bug 778447
- [jeads] Working on implementing t-test schema and push log walking for new talos metrics implementation.
- [camd] Wrote a management command to verify JSON data blobs and report which build / branch any error blogs come from. Used this command to confirm the assertion that bad talos JSON data was only from 14.01 and before.
- [ahal] trying to get peptest test using talos sites up and running, but keep getting blocked by mozbase regressions
- vlad apparently got SpeedTests working on Android! (via adb, but still...)
- [jhammel] chart of buildbot:TBPL:talos:graphserver mapping http://k0s.org/mozilla/talos/talosnames.html
- accurate, though incomplete: http://k0s.org/mozilla/blog/20120724135349
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] Day-to-day sheriffing of the trees.
- [edmorley] Sheriffing issues of note:
- Philor away 15th July-5th Aug.
- Tracking down PGO build failures on Windows (bug 776503).
- bug 777634 - Unable to access TBPL build summaries and logs.
- Discussions about Try hg issue.
- Dealing with fallout from accidental Try repo reset.
- Pymake bustage on trunk (bug 776878).
- bug 777273 - Only ~50 tegras are running tests; tegra pending test job count is at 1600 and rising.
- bug 777436 - Ascertain which Android test suites have >30% failure rate and hide them.
- Spent an entire day resolving overlapping bustage of win crashes + m-oth leaks + two separate Android XUL R3 failures :-(
- [edmorley] Misc sherrifing papercuts filed/followed up: https://bugzil.la/776467,762710
- [edmorley] Fixed:
- bug 774649 - Make the 'base' link on the file revisions page link to the former file's revision log, not file view, to save time when sheriffing/filing.
- bug 766952 - Remove empty s and switch per element styles to style-gitweb.css, to improve browser memory usage/rendering performance on large diffs (reduces memory usage from 1,132 MB to 784 MB). Often hit this issue when sheriffing.
- bug 772419 - Disable Qt+rpm builds to save load.
- [edmorley] Started using a new [sheriff-want] whiteboard annotation to keep track of bugs across product/releng/testing/TBPL that will make sheriff's lives easier: https://bugzil.la/sw:sheriff-want
- [edmorley] Reviewed:
- [edmorley] Landed bug 703967 - Add indexes to endtime/buildername in the runs/builders tables, to speed up data expiration in production.
- [edmorley] TBPL production update (bug 777105).
- [edmorley] Discussions with devs about TBPL feature requests: https://bugzil.la/778231,778390
- [edmorley] Created a meta bug for making TBPL handle more types of failures (to reduce need for manual starring / the need to open full logs) and started collating bugs under it (bug 778688).
- [edmorley,jgriffin] bug 776932 - Indicators for which top-oranges are resolved fixed are broken.
- [edmorley] More CCing of devs and pinging for top oranges on trunk, aurora and beta.
- [edmorley] Backported more intermittent orange fixes: https://bugzil.la/770456,558220
- [edmorley] bug 776945 - Update in-tree copies of mozmill to pick up bug 558220's httpd.js [orange] fix.
- [edmorley] Fixed bug 778433 - Raise ShutdownLeakLogger's MAX_LEAK_COUNT to something less annoying, until bug 728294 lands.
- [dhunt] Released FlynnID 0.2 with the new feature of using configuration files
- [dhunt] Dropped support for Selenium RC API in Browser ID Page Object Model
- [dhunt] Transferred BIDPOM to main Mozilla github repository
All times Pacific Time, click on link to find your timezone
- Platform Meeting (all platform engineers) Tuesday at 11 AM, Conf # 8605.
- Mobile Test Automation Wednesday at 10:30 AM, Vidyo Warp Core
- Mozharness Wednesday at 1 PM, Vidyo Warp Core
- Marionette/Eideticker Meeting Thursday at 10 AM Conf # 304
- Signal from Noise Thursday at 11 AM #343
- As announced in IRC last week, jhammel and wlach are now the official owners of mozbase.
- Datazilla attempted to land in production, unclear whether or not we did. Ctalbert and Jeads to follow up with IT
Holidays and Trips
- Next Monday holiday in Toronto
- Carljm is out all week.
- Whimboo is out all week.
Next week MC
- Jhammel mc
- davehunt on how we use Selenium