- 1 Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2 Goals
- 3 Deep Dives
- 3.1 Mobile (1st Monday)
- 3.2 Tools (2nd Monday)
- 3.3 Performance (3rd Monday)
- 3.4 General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- 3.5 Process (4th Monday)
- 3.6 Holidays and Trips
- 3.7 Misc
Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- One more week to talk to mcote if you want to be interviewed for the Mozilla Summit Planning Assembly.
- Discussion on when we will see the releng infra side of changes to launch per commit of gaia builds
- Goal: Improve Developer/QA ergonomics around running and debugging automation by:
- Add debugger support to B2G testrunners
- Improve patch review experience on bugzilla/Make bugzilla more user-centric
- Replace graph server with Datazilla for all desktop Talos tests
- Create a project branch view of B2G builds/tests that tracks commits per target, rather than per repo (all commits to any repo for unagi for instance) joint with releng
- Goal: Improve stability, reliability, and scalability of automation platforms by:
- Addressing all P1 B2G automation stability issues
- Complete native REST interface for Bugzilla
- Complete Mochitest to Mozbase port
- Create POC Microbenchmark suite to get feedback from developers for its usefulness
- Reduce orange factor to 5 or lower (for the last three weeks of the quarter) by driving awareness among developers, following up with assignees, and fixing intermittent automation failures.
- Update pulse so that its dependent (client side) libraries are current for its use in Tree Herder
- Create a prototype and a specification for a rig to power cycle real phones. Have a vendor selected to build the rig by end of quarter.
- Goal: Build toward our future by:
- Deploy a minimally viable TBPL replacement by end of quarter, aim to switch over mid-Q3
- Release a mozmill 2 and work with contributor community to drive toward a 2.1
- Automate a scrolling fps test using camera Eideticker measurements for Contacts, Email, Settings, and Message apps
- Create and Deploy BMO user profile data for community building and education
- Create a solid net and filter system to build a bugmaster community
- Identify 5 things we can do to increase our infrastructure capacity by 10% through more streamlined usage and bringing new capacity online. (joint with releng)
- Enable performance and test automation to run on Android x86 hardware, investigate Android 2.3.x support on Pandas.
Mobile (1st Monday)
- [wlach] - Working on removing debugger server dependency from marionette
- [mdoglio] setting up vagrant to run on aws
Tools (2nd Monday)
- [dkl], [glob] New tracking-flags extension (bug 750742) and native REST API (bug 866927) are in the review phase.
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/868493,869365,868290,687143
- [edmorley] Patches: https://bugzil.la/868493,869365
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 868290, bug 687143.
- OrangeFactor on trunk for last 7 days: 7.72
- [edmorley] Another review of bug 738333.
- [edmorley] Debugging problems with switch from ES metrics DB to the IT managed one in SCL3 (bug 848834).
- [edmorley] Discussions about OF log parsing & overlap with TBPL.
- [mcote] Rearranged filter UI with help of a contributor (bug 738333).
- [mcote] Getting ready to switch from metrics ES db to IT. Next big work item is moving data over to new prod system (bug 870559). Hoping to be done with this in a week or two.
Performance (3rd Monday)
- [wlach] Proof of concept B2G dashboard working, looking for better test cases: http://wrla.ch/blog/2013/05/proof-of-concept-eideticker-dashboard-for-firefoxos/
- [wlach] Added http logging for eideticker startup tests, so we can see what resources are being requested when: http://eideticker.wrla.ch/httplogs/http-log-1368350023.9.json
General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 761586.
- [mcote], [mihneadb] Working on some mozdevice fixes (bug 868505, bug 868574).
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 868329.
WebRTC Test Development
Process (4th Monday)
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] 4-day week due to UK public holiday.
- [edmorley] Patch for bug 869963.
- [edmorley] WIP patch to add more tree-closure reason tags to treestatus, to aid stats generation (bug 871588).
Holidays and Trips
- Holiday in Canada on Monday, May 20 (Victoria Day aka La journée nationale des patriotes because Quebec has to be different).
- Holiday in the US on Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day).
- Holiday in the UK on Monday, May 27 (Spring bank holiday)