- 1 Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2 Goals
- 3 Deep Dives
- 3.1 Mobile (1st Monday)
- 3.2 Tools (2nd Monday)
- 3.3 Performance (3rd Monday)
- 3.4 General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- 3.5 Process (4th Monday)
- 3.6 Holidays and Trips
- 3.7 Misc
Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- Goal: Improve Developer/QA ergonomics around running and debugging automation by:
- Add debugger support to B2G testrunners
- Improve patch review experience on bugzilla/Make bugzilla more user-centric
- Replace graph server with Datazilla for all desktop Talos tests
- Create a project branch view of B2G builds/tests that tracks commits per target, rather than per repo (all commits to any repo for unagi for instance) joint with releng
- Goal: Improve stability, reliability, and scalability of automation platforms by:
- Addressing all P1 B2G automation stability issues
- Complete native REST interface for Bugzilla
- Complete Mochitest to Mozbase port
- Create POC Microbenchmark suite to get feedback from developers for its usefulness
- Reduce orange factor to 5 or lower (for the last three weeks of the quarter) by driving awareness among developers, following up with assignees, and fixing intermittent automation failures.
- Update pulse so that its dependent (client side) libraries are current for its use in Tree Herder
- Create a prototype and a specification for a rig to power cycle real phones. Have a vendor selected to build the rig by end of quarter.
- Goal: Build toward our future by:
- Deploy a minimally viable TBPL replacement by end of quarter, aim to switch over mid-Q3
- Release a mozmill 2 and work with contributor community to drive toward a 2.1
- Automate a scrolling fps test using camera Eideticker measurements for Contacts, Email, Settings, and Message apps
- Create and Deploy BMO user profile data for community building and education
- Create a solid net and filter system to build a bugmaster community
- Identify 5 things we can do to increase our infrastructure capacity by 10% through more streamlined usage and bringing new capacity online. (joint with releng)
- Enable performance and test automation to run on Android x86 hardware, investigate Android 2.3.x support on Pandas.
Mobile (1st Monday)
- Purchased 20 sdcards
- Installed new sdcards in all phones with external sdcards and am retesting since 5/25. There may be a slight performance change due to the new cards.
- Will file bug later today to add ability to configure sdcard via SUTAgent.ini since phones with internal sdcard storage expose their external cards at different paths.
- Had mobile deep dive last week. Notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/mobile-deepdive
- Tests on full stack emulator builds coming soon - bug 872765
- Work is progressing on gecko/gaia coupling - bug 868602
- [rwood] Gaia-UI endurance tests are running daily on Inari b2g18 v1.0.1, with results being posted to DataZilla. For more information see my Gaia-UI Endurance Tests blog post.
Tools (2nd Monday)
- bc attending crashkill meeting today to attempt to recruit users.
- bug 878847 LDAP authentication down due to change in network ACLs?
- [mcote] Landed some tests for mozillapulse (bug 876954).
- [mcote] Just about done converting mozillapulse from using carrot to kombu (bug 623305).
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/876829,878190
- [edmorley] Patch for bug 876829.
- [edmorley] Further work on the AutomatedSummaryGenerator.php rewrite.
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 878190.
- OrangeFactor on trunk for last 7 days: 6.17
Performance (3rd Monday)
- [wlach] - Adding more types of firefoxos performance tests (messages fps)
- [wlach] - Troubleshooting various problems with the Galaxy Nexus in mountain view
General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- [jhammel] - mozbase unit tests now running on m-c!
- [ahal] / [wlach] - fleshing out notes on design / implementation of machine-readable logging: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/structured-logging-notes
WebRTC Test Development
- The patch for the data channel test framework is under review and we target to land it by hopefully end of this week
- All leaks which blocked us to get the data channel test framework landed have been fixed now
Process (4th Monday)
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] Trychooser: Reviewed bug 873884.
- [edmorley] Patch for bug 877987.