- 1 Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2 Goals
- 3 Deep Dives
- 3.1 Mobile (1st Monday)
- 3.2 Tools (2nd Monday)
- 3.3 Performance (3rd Monday)
- 3.4 General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- 3.5 Process (4th Monday)
- 3.6 Holidays and Trips
- 3.7 Misc
Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- Goals at risk:
- Native Rest API - probably get done, but not depoyed
- Gaia integration on TBPL - dependent on releng
- Power cycling phones (waiting on more parts)
- TreeHerder will make progress but not where we wanted to be
- Mochitest on Mozbase won't make it - made progress but not done
- Replacing graph server with datazilla - going to get close but probably not there.
- Single biggest challenge for the A*Team?
- Goals for Q3?
- Goal: Improve Developer/QA ergonomics around running and debugging automation by:
- Add debugger support to B2G testrunners
- Improve patch review experience on bugzilla/Make bugzilla more user-centric
- Replace graph server with Datazilla for all desktop Talos tests
- Create a project branch view of B2G builds/tests that tracks commits per target, rather than per repo (all commits to any repo for unagi for instance) joint with releng
- Goal: Improve stability, reliability, and scalability of automation platforms by:
- Addressing all P1 B2G automation stability issues
- Complete native REST interface for Bugzilla
- Complete Mochitest to Mozbase port
- Create POC Microbenchmark suite to get feedback from developers for its usefulness
- Reduce orange factor to 5 or lower (for the last three weeks of the quarter) by driving awareness among developers, following up with assignees, and fixing intermittent automation failures.
- Update pulse so that its dependent (client side) libraries are current for its use in Tree Herder
- Create a prototype and a specification for a rig to power cycle real phones. Have a vendor selected to build the rig by end of quarter.
- Goal: Build toward our future by:
- Deploy a minimally viable TBPL replacement by end of quarter, aim to switch over mid-Q3
- Release a mozmill 2 and work with contributor community to drive toward a 2.1
- Automate a scrolling fps test using camera Eideticker measurements for Contacts, Email, Settings, and Message apps
- Create and Deploy BMO user profile data for community building and education
- Create a solid net and filter system to build a bugmaster community
- Identify 5 things we can do to increase our infrastructure capacity by 10% through more streamlined usage and bringing new capacity online. (joint with releng)
- Enable performance and test automation to run on Android x86 hardware, investigate Android 2.3.x support on Pandas.
Mobile (1st Monday)
Tools (2nd Monday)
- [glob] A lot of little splinter bugs fixed
- [glob] Patch up for review to speed up email generation.
- [dkl] First tracking-flags patch is up for testing at http://bugzilla-dev.allizom.org/
- OrangeFactor on trunk for last 7 days: 4.11
Performance (3rd Monday)
- [wlach] Generating dashboard numbers for startup, scrolling with Inari: http://eideticker.mozilla.org/b2g/#/b2g-inari/b2g-camera-startup/timetostableframe
General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- [edmorley] Patches for bug 879722.
WebRTC Test Development
Process (4th Monday)
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/869963,872009,871588,877987,880173,880389
- [edmorley] More tree closure tags to allow for finer-grained tree-closure stats \o/
- [edmorley] Patches: https://bugzil.la/880173,880389
Holidays and Trips
- [mcote] leaving for Paris for the Summit Planning Assembly on Thursday afternoon; back on Tuesday.