- 1 Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2 Goals
- 3 Deep Dives
- 3.1 Mobile (1st Monday)
- 3.2 Tools (2nd Monday)
- 3.3 Performance (3rd Monday)
- 3.4 General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- 3.5 Process (4th Monday)
- 3.6 Holidays and Trips
- 3.7 Misc
Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- jgriffin PTO on Friday
- short meeting
- Goal: Improve Developer/QA ergonomics around running and debugging automation by:
- Add debugger support to B2G testrunners
- Improve patch review experience on bugzilla/Make bugzilla more user-centric
- Replace graph server with Datazilla for all desktop Talos tests
- Create a project branch view of B2G builds/tests that tracks commits per target, rather than per repo (all commits to any repo for unagi for instance) joint with releng
- Goal: Improve stability, reliability, and scalability of automation platforms by:
- Addressing all P1 B2G automation stability issues
- Complete native REST interface for Bugzilla
- Complete Mochitest to Mozbase port
- Create POC Microbenchmark suite to get feedback from developers for its usefulness
- Reduce orange factor to 5 or lower (for the last three weeks of the quarter) by driving awareness among developers, following up with assignees, and fixing intermittent automation failures.
- Update pulse so that its dependent (client side) libraries are current for its use in Tree Herder
- Create a prototype and a specification for a rig to power cycle real phones. Have a vendor selected to build the rig by end of quarter.
- Goal: Build toward our future by:
- Deploy a minimally viable TBPL replacement by end of quarter, aim to switch over mid-Q3
- Release a mozmill 2 and work with contributor community to drive toward a 2.1
- Automate a scrolling fps test using camera Eideticker measurements for Contacts, Email, Settings, and Message apps
- Create and Deploy BMO user profile data for community building and education
- Create a solid net and filter system to build a bugmaster community
- Identify 5 things we can do to increase our infrastructure capacity by 10% through more streamlined usage and bringing new capacity online. (joint with releng)
- Enable performance and test automation to run on Android x86 hardware, investigate Android 2.3.x support on Pandas.
Mobile (1st Monday)
Tools (2nd Monday)
- New tracking-flags support deployed! But a bug was discovered so it has been disabled for now. Still, very close, and review and testing on migration script continues.
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/896065,892958,894480,895005
- [edmorley] Filing & driving the fixes for gecko bugs causing false positives in the logs, which are blocking the roll-out of bug 892958.
- OrangeFactor on trunk for last 7 days: 6.07
Performance (3rd Monday)
- [wlach] - Starting work on a visualization of frame-by-frame changes (should be useful for measuring/understanding "jank")
General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- [chmanchester] - Fixed moznetwork on mac, fixes a bunch of problems we've been seeing with marionette bug 892087
- [ffledling] - lots of mozdevice unit tests
- [wlach] - bug 855327 method to support getting currently active frame landing today hopefully
- [edmorley] Patches:
WebRTC Test Development
Process (4th Monday)
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] Was PTO Friday.
- [edmorley] Patch for bzexport: Set bug status to ASSIGNED when setting the assignee on new and existing bugs (bug 897442).
Holidays and Trips
- [wlach] Anyone want an apartment in Montreal? :) http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=505987464