Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> gozer
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
- sfhowes who has helped support Thunderbird users on Get Satisfaction with over 800 replies since joining Get Satisfaction in September - Thanks!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
Migration to core code almost completed. Business development activities in the 'last mile'. Link to Open Search (default search engine) missing.
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- Ubuntu Oneiric was released last Thursday! Great success!
- Here's what the open-source editor for Ars Technica said on Twitter.
- The response from the Ubuntu community, when they mention Thunderbird taking over for Evolution, has been generally positive.
- Small issue with DesktopCouch is still being dealt with at Canonical. Chris Coulson has pushed out the updated version of EDS Contacts Integration that swallows the DesktopCouch errors, logs them, but doesn't bug the user about them. Those updates should go live soon.
- Another reminder that Blake and Mike are going to UDS on November 1st.
- We're going to be discussing how we can ease the pain of the rapid release cycle
- We're going to be discussing Lightning + EDS support
- We're going to be discussing future updates to the TB UI, and getting feedback on how to nicely integrate these changes into Ubuntu
- And more!
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 8th November
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Should be doing a b3 this week.
- Lightning is on the developer channel on AMO.
- Add-on compatiblity bump: aiming for 27th/28th October.
- Next release will be 8th November, in sync with TB 8.
Extension of the week
- TBtracer : Let's you easily trace network activities. Easy to setup and you get nice logs out of it.
- Thunderbird ADUs now at 7.5MM, increases are coming from Germany. Top countries are Germany, US, France, Japan, Italy.
- Lots of great press with new Ubuntu release (congratulations! Ubuntu team) and lots of Thunderbird mentions.
- Launching user survey this week, US first and then French and German.
- Getting swag ready for Ubuntu Summit and MozCamps.
- Getting ready for Thunderbird 8.
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 8.0 beta 2 released
- Thunderbird 8.0 beta 3 to be built today
- Configuring Thunderbird builds on Firefox build infrastructure
- fixed number of small website bugs, start page margin, etc.
- working on kitsune l10n code
- compatibility bump for 8 -> 9 next week
- new project: Thunderbird Feature tips to be deployed on the Start page or in a tip box
- new project: AMO info about monetizing add-ons and updating AMO to include TB in agreements and docs
- doc sprint for updating the FLOSS Thunderbird manual on November 9 (project wiki)
- referred Seneca tech writing students who need to write a user manual for a class project to the Firefox mobile folks (unfortunately we didn't have a project that fit their requirements)
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1346 new support topics (1687 1 week ago) - Media:10-16October2011-GS-stats-2011-10-17_1626.png
- Thunderbird 7 Support Issues
- Thunderbird 8 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues found in TB8 starting with TB8 Beta 1
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- I've written a Ruby/MongoDB script called getSolvedAnsweredLastNDays.rb to find Get Satisfaction Users who have had their Thunderbird issue resolved so Jen and I can ping them to consider helping Thunderbird out after a Thunderbird contributor has helped them
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- When creating a new status meeting page, please use the Template