Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> rebron
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
- Wsmwk is nominating aceman for his triagge work in MailNewsCore filter (and he is also working on fixing some of those).
- mconley is nominating Paenglab for his themeing work for tabs-on-top. This guy is incredible.
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Final functional components merged
- Providers UX needs to be implemented
- Tabs on Top is coming along nicely!
- We may land Mail Account Summaries soon.
- Is Thunderbird Pretty Yet? was created.
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- The fix that I've wanted to push out for my EDS Contacts Integration for a few weeks has been blocked, since the Canonical folk want to fix another integration point (their side) in the same update. According to Chris Coulson, it should get pushed out today.
- Last reminder that Blake and I will be at UDS next week, from Nov 1st until Nov 5th. We'll be in mid-air during next week's meeting, so likely absent.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 8th November
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
Extension of the week
- SugarCRM is an extension making it easier for Thunderbird user to interact with SugarCRM. There is a pro version of this extension - which adds more possibilities.
- Worked on releases
- Maintaining bugzilla
- We'll have a community testing event during the 3rd week of November 2011
- Thunderbird ADUs holding steady at 7.5MM ADUs.
- PR update: a few articles on Thunderbird 8 beta, continued mentions with Firefox, Ubuntu, and nice Q&A article in the NY Times
- Launched a Tb survey in US, France, and Germany last week. Getting good data and closing it up this week and will publish results shortly. Targeting same survey in Japan. Planning a regular quarterly satisfaction survey.
- Planned Test Pilot Studies, add to the list, will be moving this over to a wiki this week. First one up will be Menu and Toolbar Usage study to be given to Daily/Earlybird users.
- Gained reftests & crashtests
- mozmill should now work on Win32/Linux64
- TryChooser: Full syntax supported, with e-mails
- SSL *.mozillamessaging.com
- Increased capacity for the switchover to https://
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 8 beta 3 released last week, beta 4 builds this week
- TB9 compatibility bump on schedule for Thursday
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1146 new support topics (1346 1 week ago) - Media:17-23October2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png - I believe the numbers are down due to putting in a locale specific landing page for "ask a question" rather than redirecting to Get Satisfaction for German, French, Japanese, and other locales. If you have a localized version of /ask that you want in place please contact rtanglao AT mozilla.com
- Thunderbird 7 Support Issues
- Thunderbird 8 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues found in TB8 starting with TB8 Beta 1
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.