Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> roland
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
hoping to land both Account Provisioner and Open Search for Thunderbird 10 next Tuesday November 7th
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 8th November
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Final beta for 8.0 currently being generated.
- Add-on Compatibility update performed yesterday
- Caught up on these now, and add-on authors therefore have a much longer notification period.
- 325 checked, 309 bumped, 16 notified about possible issues (includes binary add-ons, but other issues as well).
- 3.1.16 builds to beta channel tomorrow.
Extension of the week
- Gantt View an extension for lightning - very handy for project managers as it let's you see related task and makes it easier for you to manage projects that are divided in multiple task. see https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Gantt_chart
- Bugzilla work
- Preparing a community based event for both Thunderbird and Lightning, see https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/thunderbird-testers/2011-October/000077.html, for the third week of November
- Getting ready for Thunderbird 8 and Lightning 1.0
- UDS this week.
- Prepping for MozCamps, presentations.
- Japanese survey in progress
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 8 beta 4 build 2
- Need to take on bug 682805 - Generate snippets using new attributes
- Slow Windows builds
- Configuring Thunderbird builds on Firefox build infrastructure
- TB 8.0 product pages on staging, filing l10n bugs after meeting.
- TB 8 -> 9 compatibility bump was completed last week
- finishing kitsune l10n script today
- AOL support in account provisioner next
- two new tech writing students doing a practicum with Thunderbird
- update: AMO info about monetizing add-ons and updating AMO to include TB in agreements and docs (AMO folks are figuring out their end)
- work with MDN folks to improve Thunderbird visibility on MDN
- new article by contributor: Why has my "Send" button been replaced with "Send Later"
- one major article edit by contributor; three major article edits by internal folks
- 15 responses to contribution inquiries
- reminder: doc sprint for updating the FLOSS Thunderbird manual on November 9 (project wiki)
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1165 new support topics (1146 week ago) - Media:17-23October2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 7 Support Issues
- Thunderbird 8 Support Issues - Please edit and add any issues found in TB8 starting with TB8 Beta 1
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- final release candidate for Lightning 1.0 thursday or friday with online support please test!
- Talk at Berlin MozCamp about Lightning future
- Lightning test event 3rd week of November in conjunction with Thunderbird test event: https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/thunderbird-testers/2011-October/000077.html
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
sancus, standard8, ludo, roland, jhopkins, gozer, fallen, jenzed, rebron