- 1 Goals Progress
- 2 Highlights
- 3 In-Depth Project Discussion
- 4 The Overview
- 4.1 AutoPhone/Noah's Ark
- 4.2 Bughunter
- 4.3 Bugzilla
- 4.4 Eideticker
- 4.5 Firebug Testing
- 4.6 Jetperf
- 4.7 Marionette
- 4.8 Mobile Automation
- 4.9 Mobile Evangelism Site-Scraping Tool
- 4.10 Mochitest
- 4.11 MozBase
- 4.12 Mozmill
- 4.13 MozTrap
- 4.14 New Graphserver (Datazilla)
- 4.15 Open Web Apps
- 4.16 Peptest
- 4.17 Powerball
- 4.18 Pulse
- 4.19 Signal From Noise
- 4.20 Speedtests
- 4.21 Systems
- 4.22 Talos
- 4.23 Sheriffing & Trees
- 4.24 Treestatus
- 4.25 Tinderboxpushlog
- 4.26 War on Orange
- 4.27 Web QA
- 4.28 Automation Development
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Round Table
- 7 Misc
Below are our top level goals. Beneath each goal, note any progress made towards that goal this week.
- [ON TRACK] Support the B2G and platform team by moving existing automation to that platform as well as expanding automation on B2G and B2G devices for basecamp deliverables.
- [ON TRACK] Expand Mobile testing platforms for B2G and Fennec Native to include user devices and NEON Chipsets (panda boards).
- [ON TRACK] Establish new Datazilla system as a useful tool for capturing and diagnosing talos performance regressions on a per-push basis, as well as capturing data for network and B2G performance tests.
- NOTE: This is largely a change to the data harvesting and analysis side of the Talos system (even though some changes are required to the test harness and tests themselves). We will not be replacing existing Talos data harvesting system in Q3. By the end of Q3, we want to have the new performance data harvesting and analysis system Datazilla to a point at which it can shadow the old system and we can use Q4 to verify that the new approach captures just as many regressions as the old system does. Potential timeframe for conversion of the old system to the new Datazilla system is in Q1 2013 (earliest "thumb in the wind" estimate).
- [ON TRACK] Upgrade BMO to 4.2, deploy tracking flags optimizations, UX improvements (comment tagging, mid-air resolution)
- [ON TRACK] Make TBPL More Orange aware to make it easier to file intermittent orange bugs, and so that we can more adequately track (and therefore address) issues around android-related and memory leak intermittent failures
- [ON TRACK] Enable QA and contributors to increase their skills and participation by crafting automated tests for B2G and desktop smoketests by providing examples, mentoring, and documentation
- Held our first 'Ask an Expert' session last Thursday.
This is a place for people to put announcements or to describe activities that they'd like to highlight. It's not the responsibility of the MC to find things to put here.
- [hskupin/dhunt] First weekly “Ask an Expert” Q&A sessions for Test Automation was a success. See Henrik's blog post
In-Depth Project Discussion
Pick one project/presenter per week who will give a detail presentation on their project.
Progress, notes, problems, and other statuses about current projects. Add any new projects to this template!
- [jhammel] working on jetperf deployment issues
- bug 786249 - modalDialog detection broken if findWindow() can't convert window to 'nsIWebBrowserChrome' - possible regression in Firefox.
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] Was away Monday due to UK bank holiday & Friday for PTO.
- [edmorley] Day-to-day sheriffing of the trees.
- [edmorley] Sheriffing/tree closure issues of note:
- [edmorley] Closed a number of android-xul only [oranges], filed bug 786357 to remove annotations.
- [edmorley] Hid permaorange 10.8 on any trees where they were still shown.
- [edmorley] Patches:
- bug 785373 - Disable peptest until it is made more useful, to reduce infra load
- bug 787019 - Improve sut_tools/verify.py string "WARNING: Unable to ping tegra after 5 try" and friends
- bug 786290 - Self-serve (re-)build requests should include 'Self-serve:' in the reason
- Updated patch for bug 690672 - Disable coalescing for requests from self-serve
- [edmorley] Further work on my pushlogparser which will be used both as a POC and to tweak settings for the "don't build on certain platforms if the diff was a no-op" idea.
- [edmorley] Reviewed:
- [edmorley] Tested patch for bug 749110 - Prevent quick-star from submitting a comment with no name/nick
- [edmorley] Discussed the approach for bug 748855 with a new TBPL contributor.
- [edmorley] Fixed the out of date 'how to hack TBPL' wiki docs.
- [edmorley] Backports of fixes to aurora/beta/esr: https://bugzil.la/693021,689435,688575,668849,700077
[dhunt] Set up staging environment for Web QA automation
- [rwood] Preparing for MozCampEU session (automated test development for B2G)
- [hskupin] Successful first 'Ask an Expert' session last Thursday (blog post)
Standing weekly meeting related to our projects should go here
Put your questions and things to raise with the entire team here
Take notes here and copy and paste them to this section afterwards.
Holidays and Trips
- [rwood] Co-facilitating MozCampEU session, MozCampEU (Sept7-9th)
- [hskupin] Joining Rob at MozCamp (Sep 7th - 9th)
Next week MC
Find something you think is cool, interesting, funny, or exciting and put it here