- 1 Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2 Goals
- 3 Deep Dives
- 3.1 Mobile (1st Monday)
- 3.2 Tools (2nd Monday)
- 3.3 Performance (3rd Monday)
- 3.4 General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- 3.5 Process (4th Monday)
- 3.6 Holidays and Trips
- 3.7 Misc
Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- Goal: Improve Developer/QA ergonomics around running and debugging automation by:
- Add debugger support to B2G testrunners
- Improve patch review experience on bugzilla/Make bugzilla more user-centric
- Replace graph server with Datazilla for all desktop Talos tests
- Create a project branch view of B2G builds/tests that tracks commits per target, rather than per repo (all commits to any repo for unagi for instance) joint with releng
- Goal: Improve stability, reliability, and scalability of automation platforms by:
- Addressing all P1 B2G automation stability issues
- Complete native REST interface for Bugzilla
- Complete Mochitest to Mozbase port
- Create POC Microbenchmark suite to get feedback from developers for its usefulness
- Reduce orange factor to 5 or lower (for the last three weeks of the quarter) by driving awareness among developers, following up with assignees, and fixing intermittent automation failures.
- Update pulse so that its dependent (client side) libraries are current for its use in Tree Herder
- Create a prototype and a specification for a rig to power cycle real phones. Have a vendor selected to build the rig by end of quarter.
- Goal: Build toward our future by:
- Deploy a minimally viable TBPL replacement by end of quarter, aim to switch over mid-Q3
- Release a mozmill 2 and work with contributor community to drive toward a 2.1
- Automate a scrolling fps test using camera Eideticker measurements for Contacts, Email, Settings, and Message apps
- Create and Deploy BMO user profile data for community building and education
- Create a solid net and filter system to build a bugmaster community
- Identify 5 things we can do to increase our infrastructure capacity by 10% through more streamlined usage and bringing new capacity online. (joint with releng)
- Enable performance and test automation to run on Android x86 hardware, investigate Android 2.3.x support on Pandas.
Mobile (1st Monday)
Tools (2nd Monday)
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/881696,881708,872713,880187,878927,881082
- [edmorley] Patches:
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 712212.
- OrangeFactor on trunk for last 7 days: 5.92
- [edmorley,mcote] Completed the switch over to the new ES instance (bug 848834 & bug 870559).
- [edmorley, camd] Discussions about requirements for log parser.
Performance (3rd Monday)
- Working on setting it up for the networking team.
- Trying to make it replay SSL HTTPS requests in a way that is reliable and deterministic without any external networks (so we can do something about modeling an interaction with, say, facebook)
- Email schema and code written, with tests. Needs integration with rest of DZ
- Alert code written, with tests, fine tuning still needed. (Integration still needed)
- Simple threshold alerts written, still working on tests. (integration needed)
- Simple point-wise exception identification written, still working on tests. (integration needed)
- Continuing along two angles - android and b2g
- Integrated the gecko profiler with Eideticker, but unfortunately the gecko profiler is broken on android and so it was turned off
- Android developers aren't focused on repaint times anymore - so it's become less useful. They say what would be useful would be adding something to Eideticker to do arbitrary actions on arbitrary page - which would be extremely involved project in itself.
- There have been regressions it has filed and we have not seen much movement on them
- New b2g dashboard that we put up a week or two ago (link)
- We haven't gotten much interest on it yet either - what do we need to do to make this a useful tool for people.
- Updating new tscroll and tsvg this week that they have been reviewed and updated by developers
- As a side-benefit, these new tests will actually run faster than the last version of them.
- [edmorley] dromaeojs has been disabled on WinXP for unreliability (bug 879722).
General Framework Support (4th Monday)
WebRTC Test Development
Process (4th Monday)
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley, Tomcat] Sheriffing on-boarding \o/
- [edmorley] Patch for bug 882124.