- 1 Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2 Goals
- 3 Deep Dives
- 3.1 Mobile (1st/2nd Monday)
- 3.2 Tools (1st/2nd Monday)
- 3.3 Performance (3rd/4th Monday)
- 3.4 General Framework Support (3rd/4th Monday)
- 3.5 Process (3rd/4th Monday)
- 3.6 Holidays and Trips
- 3.7 Misc
Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2014 A-team Work Week
- Datazilla Post Mortem on Thursday
- Q1 Goals Review
Mobile (1st/2nd Monday)
- Autophone s1s2 tracking bug 953342
- Received 2 Nexus 5 devices.
- Plan on separating Autophone s1s2 to be run from the Mac mini with traffic shaping enabled and Mochitest-Canvas from my Linux workstation. This will allow the two tests to run with different repositories. For the relevant devices, one will be devoted to s1s2 with the other devoted to Mochitest-Canvas.
- May be able to return several older model phones for use by QA or developers. Still determining the final set.
- Autophone s1s2
- Autophone s1s2 is now testing Mozilla Central, Mozilla Inbound and Fx Team repositories. The phones are currently unable to keep up with the load. Iteration count is now at 8 but can't be lowered due to the presence of noise in the data. The phonedash UI needs revamping to deal with the deluge of phone - repository combinations.
- I've been investigating changing Autophone to store fennec profiles on /data/local/tmp rather than the sdcard. Initial results are fairly promising. See bug 852264 - [s1s2] don't hardcode URLs for local test files for more details.
- It has been suggested that Autophone use TCP over USB rather than Wifi. I will be investigating this option asap.
- Autophone Mochitest-Canvas
- Temporarily disabled while standing up the multiple repositories.
- [ahal] b2g-commands demo
- [bc] Previously found bug 961144 - Android 4.3 java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: android.net.wifi.WifiConfiguration.password with the Nexus 7 2013 tablets. Will investigate any issues found with Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.2 and bundle the fixes together.
- [gbrown] Android 2.3 tests on emulator: bug 910092
- Graydon was recently able to run a mochitest on a loaner
- Trying to get all test jobs set up on Ash now
- [gbrown] Android x86 tests on emulator: bug 891959
- Intermittent loss of connectivity to emulator keeping most tests off of trunk
- [gbrown] Introducing complete logcats for Android 4.0 Panda: bug 962743
- [gbrown] Improving hang detection / handling: bug 960265
Tools (1st/2nd Monday)
- memcache support landed with a few objects turned on. Working on enabling it for more objects.
- ETL is now stable and without leaks! https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=944131, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=952677
- Private cluster (http://elasticsearch-private.bugs.scl3.mozilla.com:9200/) is available to all with VPN access: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=965329
- IT working on exposing public cluster (http://esfrontline1.bugs.scl3.mozilla.com:80) to public : https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=965323
Now the metrics cluster can be retired, and my charts (http://people.mozilla.org/~klahnakoski/charts.html) be made available to public.
- New Mac minis are online but changes to Network ACLs have caused some issues which also appear to affect the Webpagetest instance on the Ateam vlan.
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/920316,959136,920869
- [edmorley] TBPL's favicon now indicates the tree's status (bug 920869).
- [mcote] A contributor (s1991) did a few little fixes, bug 909368 and bug 965342. This has actually revealed two new bugs (see bug 965345) which I will probably have to sort out.
Performance (3rd/4th Monday)
- FirefoxOS results now being reported to http://eideticker.mozilla.org/b2g \o/
- FirefoxOS perf team already finding results useful: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=966586#c5
- Efforts to measure animation smoothness and checkerboarding when scrolling continue.
- turned on new cart test
- fixed 2 top 10 oranges in pageloader
- fixed some issues with xperf
- work on latency-benchmark, session-restore test, and webrtc
General Framework Support (3rd/4th Monday)
Process (3rd/4th Monday)
Holidays and Trips
- [edmorley] Away at TRIBE Tues 4-Feb -> Fri 7-Feb, then PTO Mon 10-Feb -> Fri 14-Feb.
- [rwood] PTO February 14-21st
- [gbrown] in lieu of bday, Feb 14
Twice monthly the security team meets with contributors/champions from different departments to discuss any issues that need to be resolve or worked on. More information can be viewed here. Please add any issues you would like me to bring to their attention such as security reviews, alerts, questions, etc.