- 1 Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2 Goals
- 3 Deep Dives
- 3.1 Mobile (1st/2nd Monday)
- 3.2 Tools (1st/2nd Monday)
- 3.3 Performance (3rd/4th Monday)
- 3.4 General Framework Support (3rd/4th Monday)
- 3.5 Process (3rd/4th Monday)
- 3.6 Holidays and Trips
- 3.7 Misc
Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- [mcote] Anyone else interested in chatting about AWS security guidelines?
Mobile (1st/2nd Monday)
- bug 969518 - use usb networking.
- Have two phones (nexus-one, galaxy-s2) communicating to the local network (192.168.1.0/24) over ppp and usb. Need to have the shell run as root in order to set up the ppp connection via adb ppp. Am working on modifying autophone to automatically setup the ppp connection. If that works, will proceed to re-rooting the other phones to have the start as root.
- It appears I need to use iptables to connect the phone to the host over ppp/usb, this implies the need to use a Linux host instead of OS X. Need to investigate using iproute2's tc command for traffic shaping to replace ipfw which is less readily available on recent Linux kernels.
- There may be an issue with mac addresses for the ppp/usb network connection. Need to investigate more.
- [gbrown] Android 2.3 tests on emulator
- many tests running well on Ash
- reftests run too slow
- many robocop crashes
- shaking out intermittent failures
Tools (1st/2nd Monday)
- Released initial version of the Bugzilla Review Board extension.
- git migration testing under way; migration scheduled for the afternoon of Tuesday, 11 March 2014.
Replication delay in DB replication slaves causing missed bug changes, which causes false alerts (alerts that private bugs are in public cluster)
- VS 2010 completely stalls creating buildsysmbols for win 7 64bit. VS 2012 express does not work since it has a 32bit toolchain. I have temporarily disabled creating symbols for the build until I can get VS 2012.
- Do we not have a site license of VS 2012 or do I need to request individual keys for each installation that is required?
- New things in production: https://bugzil.la/821242,945801,974355,974358,974838,974929,974929,976668
Performance (3rd/4th Monday)
- Lots of work to measure startup times (better) and checkerboarding metrics by calculating entropy over capture.
- Various robustness work, etc.
General Framework Support (3rd/4th Monday)
Process (3rd/4th Monday)
- [edmorley] Working on consolidating various vcs tools (eg qimportbz/qbackout/...) into the new version-control-tools repo (bug 968958 and dependents) and fixing some bugs in them.
- [edmorley] Debugging, patching & attempting to get fixed upstream for a few Windows Mercurial bugs & papercuts.
Holidays and Trips
Twice monthly the security team meets with contributors/champions from different departments to discuss any issues that need to be resolve or worked on. More information can be viewed here. Please add any issues you would like me to bring to their attention such as security reviews, alerts, questions, etc.