- 1 Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2 Goals
- 3 Deep Dives
- 3.1 Mobile (1st/2nd Monday)
- 3.2 Tools (1st/2nd Monday)
- 3.3 Performance (3rd/4th Monday)
- 3.4 General Framework Support (3rd/4th Monday)
- 3.5 Process (3rd/4th Monday)
- 3.6 Holidays and Trips
- 3.7 Misc
Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- Q2 Goals bug tables
- Meeting-free week?
- PyCon roundup
- Engaging contributors
- Tarako update
Mobile (1st/2nd Monday)
- Gave up on ppp/adb usb networking due to secular performance errors in remote tests. bug 969518
- Planning on changing from devicemanagerSUT to devicemanagerADB, dropping wifi and remote tests altogether in preparation for move of autophone to mountain view. bug 990601
- Continuing to run existing local/remote tests on Nexus One, Nexus S, Nexus 4, Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 devices. phonedash
- [gbrown] Android 2.3 tests on emulator
- mochitest, robocop, xpcshell tests on m-c but mochitest and robocop hidden due to bug 985155
- trying to run reftests on ix slaves instead of aws - bug 992969
- [gbrown] Android 4.0 Debug tests
- a few tests running on m-c now, more coming soon
Tools (1st/2nd Monday)
FFOS Bug Status Dashboards. Used by project managers to track steps in the bug lifecycle. Uses public ES cluster, but could have used BZ just as easily. These are getting positive feedback because team managers can limit the view to only the components they are interested in, and it indicates stalled bugs with coloring.
Overall Status Dashboard - An attempt to show multiple releases and the overall bug status for each of the major teams. This was the first attempt at giving Andreas Gal a dashboard to see overall project state. It has too much information.
There is also desire to review triage/fix rates for the projects: Identify were fix effort is being spent, and understand how triage may be impacting fix rates. Specifically, perform a postmortem on 1.3 and see how to bring regression counts down.
- http://people.mozilla.org/~klahnakoski/b2g/B2G-Team.html (just one example team)
- Patch-Tuesday maintenance
- Updated Windows and Flash
- Windows XP no longer supported by Microsoft, but will continue to run XP workers as long as supported.
- Installed VS 2012 on win61i32-bld, win61i64-bld.
- Could not use VS 2012 on 32bit Windows builds due to lack of support for Windows XP. Still using VS 2010 for 32bit builds
- Using VS 2012 for 64bit Windows builds
- Re-enabled buildsymbols so that 64bit Windows builds now have proper stacks.
- Helped diagnose recent regression in Nightly, Aurora and Beta bug 993918 which caused explosive increase in Assertion failure: data crashes.
- vSphere host moving from vSphere 5.0 to 5.5 but delayed pending NetOps ACL changes to allow access to new host.
- https set up on pulse-dev, need to test.
- Developing project plan for PulseGuardian, an intelligent way to deal with growing queues. This will be the initial project for the new intern (ahmed).
Performance (3rd/4th Monday)
- Android dash still down :(
- Syncing improvements
- Working on getting a Tarako version up in London and reporting results
General Framework Support (3rd/4th Monday)
Process (3rd/4th Monday)
Holidays and Trips
- Easter holidays:
- Canada out on Friday.
- UK & Australia out on Friday and Monday.
- glob out all this week.
- jgriffin and ahal out for two weeks starting April 28.
- mcote in SF the week of April 28.
Twice monthly the security team meets with contributors/champions from different departments to discuss any issues that need to be resolve or worked on. More information can be viewed here. Please add any issues you would like me to bring to their attention such as security reviews, alerts, questions, etc.