- 1 Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2 Goals
- 3 Deep Dives
- 3.1 Mobile (1st/2nd Monday)
- 3.2 Tools (1st/2nd Monday)
- 3.3 Performance (3rd/4th Monday)
- 3.4 General Framework Support (3rd/4th Monday)
- 3.5 Process (3rd/4th Monday)
- 3.6 Holidays and Trips
- 3.7 Misc
Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- Hello, chmanchester and armenzg!
- Work weeks
- jgriffin recommends posting to dev-platform if you're starting a new project/hit a major milestone (increases communication and team visibility)
- B2G coordination summit
- Make sure that any project you are interested in mentoring contributors for is (a) documented at Auto-tools/Projects and (b) has clear setup instructions.
- Q2 Goals Review
Mobile (1st/2nd Monday)
Minor improvements to http://phonedash.mozilla.org UI
- older devices without any results in the requested date range no longer show up in the device list.
- the device list is now scrollable to allow the selection/deselection of devices without having to scroll the graph out of view.
- urls with remembered checkbox settings no longer cause a hang when loaded.
- the initial load performance has been improved so that it is usable.
gbrown filed bug 1018463 for a small regression in Local throbber stop measurements on 2014-05-11.
The Cache 2 improvements
Cache 2 bug 913806 showed significantly improved Throbber stop times for first visits for Remote tests on slower devices. The difference was not significant for faster devices or for Local tests. Cache 2 also improved the variability of the Remote test results.
Mountain View move
Autophone will be moved to the Mountain View QA lab this week. Autophone will be down starting Tuesday June 3. We hope to have it back up and running some time Friday.
The droid pro and nexus one devices will no longer be used due to reliability issues. The current devices under test are:
- Nexus S
- Nexus 4
- Nexus 5
- Nexus 7 (2012)
- Nexus 7 (2013)
Remote tests and Unit Test automation will be offline until we can reliably use ethernet over adb. See network proxy for tunneling http traffic over adb bug 1003470.
Tools (1st/2nd Monday)
- Final piece of Review Board deployed to reviewboard-dev.
Performance (3rd/4th Monday)
- Better calculation of startup times using canny edge detection, thanks ffledgling! bug 1004208
- Discussion of making it work backwards compatibility
- Android eideticker still down, due to wifi issues in MV :(
- No more inari builds; replacing eideticker inari with flame asap
General Framework Support (3rd/4th Monday)
Process (3rd/4th Monday)
Holidays and Trips
Twice monthly the security team meets with contributors/champions from different departments to discuss any issues that need to be resolve or worked on. More information can be viewed here. Please add any issues you would like me to bring to their attention such as security reviews, alerts, questions, etc.