Welcome to the wiki of the Mozilla Calendar Project.See the shiny new Calendar project page
This wiki represents a collection of easily-editable pages providing a variety of information on both the standalone calendar application Sunbird (discontinued), and the calendaring extension for Mozilla Thunderbird, code-named Lightning.
Please keep in mind that while every effort is made to keep these pages up-to-date, sometimes pages do become obsolete.
- Lightning 0.9 – The calendaring extension for Mozilla Thunderbird
- Sunbird 0.9 – Our standalone calendar application for Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. Note that this project was discontinued with version 1.0 Beta 1 on March 30, 2010.
These pages contain information that end-users (that's you!) will hopefully find useful.
- User Documentation – User Manual / Help / Documentation – For 0.9 release (Needs your contribution!)
- FAQ – "Frequently Asked Questions" concerning Sunbird and Lightning
- How to contribute – Looking to get involved? Look here for some good starting points.
- Calendar:Charter (draft) – The overall mission of the calendar project
- Target Users – Who we're writing software for
- Calendar:Lightning – (jminta-will probably move?) Links to all pages related to Lightning
- Past Releases – Where we've been.
- Roadmap – Where we're going.
- Blocking Flags – How we choose what makes it into each release.
These are pages for people interested in contributing in a more formal way to Sunbird and Lightning development, whether through testing (QA), or coding.
- Team: Who is who – List of names, nicks and noticeable infos
- Past meetings April 2008, April 2007 and July 2006
- Beginner's Guide to Building Sunbird and Lightning – One-stop page to set up a development environment for calendar.
- Beginner's Guide to Hacking Sunbird/Lightning Information for someone looking to get their feet wet in the mozilla codebase for the first time
- New Sunbird/Lightning Developer's Guide (draft) – A bird's eye view of the calendar codebase
- The Sunbird/Lightning Extension Developer's Guide – Get started with creating extensions for the Calendar application.
- Meeting notes – Notes from past weekly meetings held on conference call and IRC. Also includes the schedule and agenda for the next meeting
- Style Guide – Source code guidelines for patches
- Localization – Information for translators on how to localize Sunbird and Lightning.
QA and Further Information
- Feature Implementations – proposals and overviews of past, present, and possible future features in Sunbird and Lightning.
- Calendar QA and Testing – Information for those wishing to help test development builds, in an effort to improve quality.
- Administration (Calendar: Module Ownership, Calendar:Updating libical, Calendar: Development Strategies, Calendar:Build Team Requests) – pages related to administrative tasks in calendar development (reviews, release cycles, etc)
- Build, Release and Update: