(current release schedules returning soon)
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> Bienvenu
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
- No nominations this week.
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- The Privacy Review is scheduled. Next step: turn the add-on code into a patch to core.
- The Draft Schedule is being updated.
- squib is taking over the coding of Open Search, thanks!
- Blake submitted an update to the addon with a new UI.
- Blake is writing the Privacy Review Documentation.
- The Draft Schedule is being updated.
Nice progression of the userbase, went from ~2000 users on the 2.0 series to ~32000 (nice!). Lots of press coverage (lifehacker, lifehacker japan) which certainly helped.
- reply button near the top of the message (http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/improvements_for_thunderbird_conversations)
- https://github.com/protz/GMail-Conversation-View/issues/309 (help welcome for that one)
Redirected the feedback to getsatisfaction (see http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/tags/conversations); any help is welcome. About to issue 2.0.7 to change the "would you like to leave some feedback" link to point to getsatisfaction.
Compose in a tab
- About ready to release version 1.1; just waiting to get some additional testing before uploading to AMO (probably on Friday). See bug 489999 for the XPI.
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- EDS Contacts Integration
- Create, update and delete now appears to work for contacts and mailing lists. Woo!
- Found a regression introduced by my de-RDF'ing patch that prevents users from deleting their mailing lists - patch up for review at bug 673480
- Have begun testing and fine-tuning for August 4th demonstration. Screencast forthcoming.
Schedule and Progress
Thunderbird 5 (Miramar)
- Major Updates will be unthrottled today.
- Miramar nightly users have been redirected to the Earlybird channel.
- beta1 released on beta channel last week, few bugs ready to land for future betas
- tb7 on earlybird, earlybird testers: please look for address book issues since some of the backend was changed in tb7, folder pane issue on startup has been fixed on trunk, will land on tb7 today if review passes
- Firefox have scheduled the next 1.9.2 release for August 16th., Thunderbird 3.1.x next release is scheduled is for August 16th (code freeze next week)
- Bug Lists: 3.1
Extension of the week
- Maximize Message Pane - recommended by Wayne Mery
- Ludo away, tb6 beta1 and earlybird tb7 continues
- PR Update: several articles 1,2 on Mozilla Enterprise Working Group, 6.0b1 news 1, 2.
- 6.0b1 launched last week. Next: additional betas and Thunderbird final release.
- Continuing work on Test Pilot studies.
- blog.mozilla.com/thunderbird coming soon
- Revisiting alpha/earlybird naming. "Mozilla Thunderbird Earlybird" not working well in several cases.
- faster Windows build improvements, feedback requested
- new Minis in new data center
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 6.0b1 pushed to beta
- Build infrastructure improvements, mainly win32
- Testing patches for bug 656736 - Upgrade to latest MozMill for Thunderbird's tests
- Unthrottling Thunderbird 5 major updates
- Upgrading SuMoMo to Kitsune latest version (July 19, 2011)
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1938 new support topics (2013 1 week ago) - Media:18-24July2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 5 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- DRAFT Thunderbird 6 User Features Page for TB 6 docs, draft page for TB 7, draft page for TB8
- Alternatives for moving support.mozillamessaging.com to mozilla.org - Doesn't really matter to end users where the Thunderbird Support website is we just want to minimize current and future technical "yak shaving".
- Roland is tired of missing Windows subtleties :-) and is therefore moving to using Windows 7 for day to day work after TB6 ships
- major kudos to Philipp for rapidly getting EDS provider "work in progress" out: currently smartify, read and delete events work
- Some urgent bugs showed up post 1.0b4 (Don't you love that "beep" ? ;-)
- They all have fixes now, spinning 1.0b5
- Update: Bugs fixed in this release are here
- Builds temporarily available at:
- Mac unified: http://mozilla.kewis.ch/1.0b5rc1/lightning-all-mac.xpi
- Linux unified: http://mozilla.kewis.ch/1.0b5rc1/lightning-all-linux.xpi
- Windows is still building
All builds will of course move to ftp.mozilla.org when done.
Please take a moment to test these builds!
- We want to get 1.0 out as fast as possible. Blocking list triaged down to 30 or so bugs to facilitate 1.0 release
- Blocking 1.0 list here
- Lets talk about how reasonable my decisions are when I have the list
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
bienvenu bwinton jb roland mconley fallen gozer jhopkins rebron sancus andreasn wsmwk